GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC for £40"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 19:23
"period drama"
Argos again:

[URL]http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=2501&productId=100290&Trail=C%24cip%3D18652.Toys%2Band%2Bbaby%3EC%24cip%3D18808.Video%2Bgames%3EC%24PROMOTION%3D1.On%2BSpecial%2BOffer%3EFC%24Brands%3DNintendo+GameCube.Nintendo%2BGameCube&categoryId=18808&clickfrom=name[/URL]

Hmmm ...
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:54
Regular
Top Score.
The Gamecube will never outsell the PS2.
It doesn't need to.
Nintendo are making a fine profit as it is.
Not as big as Sony but never mind.

And yep, profits decrease with the price.
But profits overall increase with the amount of software being sold.
Anysway, I think that they've made enough to payback all the money that went into research, promotion, and production.

Now they can afford to go into the budget market, a market the PSONE still does well in, despite the fact that the PS2 does everything it can do better...
Wed 05/01/05 at 15:02
Regular
Hmmm, oh, well, I don't care.
There's been a whole one in stock throughout all of the argos stores I've checked (All within about 30 miles of my house, that's about 15 stores) and the internet had none either.

SO it must be popular a bit
(I bought the one that I managed to find)

Madden Franchise mode = God.
Wed 05/01/05 at 14:53
Regular
"and PC user"
Valid point that. Also the lower the price, the less of that profit Nintendo make from each one sold. Remember this when talking about the "Nintendo are doing well - they make loads on every machine sold - unlike Sony or MS" in the other threads.

But in the here and now, it must be good news for people wanting a GameCube.
Wed 05/01/05 at 11:53
Regular
Oh dear Oh dear first Gamecube was

£149

then it was £129

then it was £99

then it was £79

Now selling for £40

Sounds like desperation to me, and they still can't outsell the PS2, perhaps they should give it as a freebie with a Nintendo DS.
Sun 02/01/05 at 10:34
Regular
"Underbean"
Think about it, the more customers or users the gamecube has the more reason for nintendo to make new games and try different things, e.g. go online, nintendo style eye toy camera. They started making donkey konga after last xmas because they got mor users from its price cuts at xmas so they decided to try something new, so hopefully they will do it agian if they got enough customers from this xmas.

P.s. donkey konga one player is rubbish! Multiplayers ok i guess.
Sun 02/01/05 at 08:55
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> Well the fact that Tesco, Argos and Index all sold out in days says to
> me... yes... people did buy them in there thousands.
>
> Just like last year.

Well I think i'll wait until they're free with every £5 worth of petrol brought from Tesco before I pick up mine!
Sat 01/01/05 at 20:15
Regular
Well the fact that Tesco, Argos and Index all sold out in days says to me... yes... people did buy them in there thousands.

Just like last year.
Sat 01/01/05 at 19:34
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> Yeah, I was embarrased to see one of the greatest books ever written
> for £1 the other day. Utterly gutting. More people can afford
> it, sales of the book shot up and there is an increase in gamers.
>
> But I mean how embarassing.
>
> It's Nintendo's fault, they should have pushed their games more over
> christmas or at least got Resident Evil 4 out and companies wouldn't
> be shifting so much STOCK!

Chill!
Do you really believe that people are suddenly going to go out and buy thousands of cubes because its £40? You can't say that cost stopped people buying the Gamecube, it was the cheapest one all along, if that is what your saying then how the hell have so many PS2's been sold?
Sat 01/01/05 at 18:40
Regular
Yeah, I was embarrased to see one of the greatest books ever written for £1 the other day. Utterly gutting. More people can afford it, sales of the book shot up and there is an increase in gamers.

But I mean how embarassing.

It's Nintendo's fault, they should have pushed their games more over christmas or at least got Resident Evil 4 out and companies wouldn't be shifting so much STOCK!
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:29
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Call me cynical but I actually feel embarrassed about this low price! It just says it all doesn't it.

I have regular arguments with my brother about the differences between the CUBE and the PS2 and i'm afraid this sort of thing will just make him laugh even more!!

What a sad day!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.