GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dove (M16's Story)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/05/01 at 21:36
Regular
" Alright Dan, I’m back from the forums, Grix has…. Ow!"

RBS walks into the flat that he and Dan are renting. The light gets flicked on. "Jesus Christ Dan! We gotta start taking these Bud bottles back! We could make millions!"

"Dan? HELLO!!!! DAN!!!! Where the hell is he?"

RBS strolls into the lounge. Well hardly a lounge, more of a bolt hole really. He’s just about to step through to the kitchen when a horrible sight meets his eyes. There’s Dan, lying on the floor, twitching violently and spouting gibberish.

"Dan? Dan, you alright?" Dan continues to twitch and jerk in a grotesque way.

"Stop it Dan this isn’t funny" RBS almost shouts, real panic in his voice. "You can’t die" He thought " I can’t pay the rent alone!"

That’s when he saw it. Just lying there, not moving. The object that must have sent Dan into this dreadful state.

RBS just stood there staring at it. Horror twisting his face as the realisation dawned.

"Oh hell! I gotta get some help!"

Several minutes later

Dan is propped up against the settee. He’s stopped twitching but is still spouting his mindless gibberish. His face is blank. Blanker than usual. And that’s what scares RBS the most.

"Listen Dan., if you can here me. I’m gonna get some help. Don’t move, I’ll be back soon. Just hang in there buddy"

With that he left, not looking back just running. Running towards the airport. 5 minutes later he stops. "Why don’t I just take the bloody car?!" With the thought of Dan running through his mind he legged it. Back to the flat and into the car.

He reached the airport 10 minutes later… and that’s when he realised he’d forgotten the money for the ticket.

"Dammit! What am I gonna do?" He thought. "Hmmmm, lets see, I’m small and I’m light. I know! I could pull off this extremely complicated plan which culminates in me kneeing everyone in the groin and legging it onto the plane… Or I could just go down the luggage shoot. Oh well I’ll have to save the groin-kneeing for later."

When he was sure no one was looking, RBS took a running leap and went straight into the luggage shoot.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Hey this is fu-" Thump. "Hmmmm, maybe not!"

When he’s sure he’s locked in the cargo hold and that the plane is winging it’s way towards Portugal, RBS chances a look out of his box.

"Good, there’s no one around." He hops out of the box and scurries across to the box marked "Live Poultry"

Three Seconds later

"mmmmm, now that was nice chicken!"

Three hours later, at the Portugese airport

"Where’s that map? Ah, here it is. Right, let’s get going" With that RBS starts walking towards the Alps, we see him dissappearing in the distance.

He followed the winding path right through the mountains. He’d been here before, a long time ago. Now he was here again, on his way to see an old friend…

5 Days Later

With the end in sight, RBS allowed himself to rest. Making a bed out of grass and leaves he bunked down for the night. With pictures of Dan lying there twitching on the floor and the picture by his side…

RBS had a dream that night. A dream that saved Dan’s and indeed his life. He dreamt that his left foot was being slobbered on.

He woke up with a jolt in a cold sweat. He wiped his hand across his forehead, expecting it to come away wet. It didn’t. Where was that moisture coming from? Where was it touching his skin?

RBS looked down his body, his gaze fell on his leg. His left leg. His left leg was wet. No, not his whole leg, his foot.

A shape was moving in the darkness. A solid black shape, moving swiftly and stealthily, moving toward him. It had come back to finish it’s meal. It had obviously been scared off when RBS woke up.

The creature, whatever it was, had advanced to his left foot. Recalling what Dan had taught him three years ago, while he was completely out of it from Buds. "Cobblers Wheel, Cobblers Wheel, Cobblers Wheel…"

That was it. RBS moved his left leg up and brought it down parallel to his body. He then moved his right leg out at a direct angle to his body and placed it on the ground. The position was perfect.

Just as the creature was about to bit his foot, RBS whipped his right leg around his body, decapitating the creature. He then hurdled his right leg with his left and brought it back down into the position it started in. Perfect.

A small break-dance later and RBS was on his feet and following the path again.

4 Hours Later

He came to a temple. It was carved out of the cliff face and decorated exquuisitly. RBS skimmed his hand along one of the support pillars searching for something. He found it a minute later, a tiny hole. With a quick action he dislodged the surrounding stones to reveal…

A door. He then stepped forward and, recalling the pattern that Draygo had given him all those years ago, rapped on the door 9 times.

A slot slid open. A pair of yellow eyes were looking out at him.

"What’s the password?"

"superconducturalelectromagnetism" Recited RBS perfectly. How those elocution lessons payed off…

RBS stepped back and watched in wonderment as the whole of the pillar slid into the ground revealing a hole.

"Jump" Said a voice from down the hole. RBS did as instructed and found himself in a dimly-lit room.

Through the gloom he could just make out three hooded figures.

"seni ranglot afrina!" One of the figures said.

"Clengo wiyv foand Dan" RBS replied, recalling perfectly the dialect which he and Draygo had come up with long ago.

"It’s been a long time Rasta" Said one of the figures, reverting to English, as he stepped forward.
" Too long Draygo." RBS said, regret filling his voice.

"You should have come sooner" Accused Draygo.

"I should, but I didn’t. I’m sorry for that, but I need your help, Draygo. He’s bad, real bad."

"This Dan you talk of, is he as bad as Flnyh was?"

"Worse. He’s gibbering as well, I think it’s full blown"

"We’d better go. If he’s as bad as you say then he may not last much longer without aid"

The atmosphere was tense, Draygo and RBS could both feel it. It could have been cut with a knife as they made their way out of the temple and back through the mountains.

"I meant to come and see you sooner Draygo" RBS stated truthfully as they jogged down the path.

"Then why didn’t you, RBS?" Draygo asked. There was definitely a hint of hurt in his voice.

" I couldn’t face it. Not after what happened last time I-"

"That’s no reason" Interjected Draygo with real venom in his voice.

"He shouldn’t have been toying with that Doll in the first place. I admit I was stupid to leave him alone, that was a major misjudgement on my part. But that doesn’t make it my fault. I’d told him what might happen. The fact that he’s now part of the Entity is neither mine, nor your fault. Just forget it RBS."

"don’t you think I’ve tried!? You think I want to keep seeing him in my mind? The way his face contorted as it took him?" Countered RBS.

"No of course not it’s just I-"

" Alight, lets forget this" RBS interupted. Somewhat purposefully Draygo thought.

"Awww, hell he’s right" draygo thought.

The rest of the trip to the airport was a silent one. Both RBS and Draygo seemed to have come to an unspoken mutual agreement. The past is the past, neither of them can change it.

Later That Day

The aircraft touches down on the runway. And RBS and Draygo leave it.

"At least I got to sit in the actual plane that time!" RBS said cheerfully. "Good job you had your Mastercard on you or it’d have been another flight in the cargo hold"

"Yes I always carry my credit cards, never know when you might need them!" Rreplied Draygo light-heartedly.

The tension seemed to have eased between them.

10 Minutes Later

They pulled up to the flat in the car and jumped straight out.

They both ran as fast as they could up the 7 flights of stairs to the level where RBS thought that their flat was.

"Oops! Sorry, I always get this wrong." RBS said.

"Hmmmmmm" Mumbled Draygo.

20 Minutes and 4 More Mistakes By RBS Later…

The door to the silent flat burst open and RBS stumbled in with a pencil stuck in his ear, placed there by Draygo after RBS managed to lead them to the 3rd wrong floor.

"Right, lets get to work" Came Draygo’s voice.

"Uh huh, lets!"

Draygo walked over to the settee where Dan was still propped. He was twitching violently again and still talking gibberish.

Draygo bent down and picked up a picture from Dan’s side.

"Is this it?" Inquired Draygo

"Yeah, it’s horrific. Not only does it have him on it but it also has the Xbox!"

Draygo holds up the picture to his face. Bill Gates stares back at him.

"You’re right it’s a bad one. I’m going to have to perform a powerful curse on him. It’s dangerous and there’s a more than 50% chance that he will not survive. Do you want to take the risk?"

RBS looked from Dan’s twitching form to Draygo. Then he looked back to Dan. Doubt filled his mind. But he couldn’t say "No, don’t do it" could he?! Dan’s life was in his hands.

After a slight hesitation RBS replied "Yes. Do it." His voice was dry.

"OK, please stand back Rasta, as I said it is dangerous. Not only to him but to you as well. While I am performing the curse do not look or listen to what I am saying. I don’t know what will happen to you if you do. No one has been foolish enough to not take my advice before. I hope you’re not going to be the first to.

"Point taken"|

RBS stepped back into the shadows, covered up his ears and closed his eyes. He kept them like that for around 3 minutes. Someone was tapping him on the shoulder. He opened his eyes.

"It’s alright RBS, you may look now. It’s going into the last stages. It’s perfectly safe to watch."

RBS looked over to where Dan’s body… should have been. Where was it?! His eyes scanned the room, no sign of him.

Then, for the first time, he saw the fire that was blazing happily in the middle of the room. Dan’s copy of Shadow of Memories was lying by it.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He wailed, launching himself at Draygo.

"You’ve killed him you cold-hearted sod. You’ve killed him! And I trusted you. How could you do this to me? HO COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME???"

Draygo squirmed unsuccessfully in RBS’s grip.

"Boy" He was thinking. "Now I know what the mean by the strength of the insane!"

RBS groped around for something. His hand fell on a bottle of Bud. The last bottle of Bud that Dan was ever going to drink.

"You scumbag! You complete bas-"

The rest of the sentence was drowned out by Darygo’s screams as RBS brought the bottle thumping down on his head. Again and again.

Then Draygo’s body went limp. He gave up and he died.

The fire was acting oddly. It had turned green. A bright emerald green. Then it turned black.

"A black fire?" RBS thought.

Then it went blue. Green, black, blue, green black blue green…

There was a scream from deep within the fire. It raised from the ground and formed 3 letters. One in black, one in blue one in green. P S 2. The fire turned back to flames. There was something emerging from them. Something large.

With one last gasp Dan pushed himself through the flames. His re-birth had not been without pain.

"Dan! You’re, you’re alive!"

RBS’s eyes scanned Dan’s burnt form.

"Yes Rasta. I am" Came the reply.

There was a movement on RBS’s right. Draygo’s hand twitched. It twitched again. Then his arm was raised from the floor…

"Knew I should have hit him a few more times" Said RBS off-hand.

Draygo pulled himself off the ground. His eyes were red.

"You shall regret this RBS."

And with that he transformed into a dove. (A dove? Couldn’t you have come up with something better? Yeah, but it’s ironic innit? I mean he’s just told RBS he’s gonna kill him and then he turns into a dove. The animal that symbolises peace.)

And flew away. A banshee yell accompanied him and RBS sagged to the floor…
Tue 15/05/01 at 21:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
" Alright Dan, I’m back from the forums, Grix has…. Ow!"

RBS walks into the flat that he and Dan are renting. The light gets flicked on. "Jesus Christ Dan! We gotta start taking these Bud bottles back! We could make millions!"

"Dan? HELLO!!!! DAN!!!! Where the hell is he?"

RBS strolls into the lounge. Well hardly a lounge, more of a bolt hole really. He’s just about to step through to the kitchen when a horrible sight meets his eyes. There’s Dan, lying on the floor, twitching violently and spouting gibberish.

"Dan? Dan, you alright?" Dan continues to twitch and jerk in a grotesque way.

"Stop it Dan this isn’t funny" RBS almost shouts, real panic in his voice. "You can’t die" He thought " I can’t pay the rent alone!"

That’s when he saw it. Just lying there, not moving. The object that must have sent Dan into this dreadful state.

RBS just stood there staring at it. Horror twisting his face as the realisation dawned.

"Oh hell! I gotta get some help!"

Several minutes later

Dan is propped up against the settee. He’s stopped twitching but is still spouting his mindless gibberish. His face is blank. Blanker than usual. And that’s what scares RBS the most.

"Listen Dan., if you can here me. I’m gonna get some help. Don’t move, I’ll be back soon. Just hang in there buddy"

With that he left, not looking back just running. Running towards the airport. 5 minutes later he stops. "Why don’t I just take the bloody car?!" With the thought of Dan running through his mind he legged it. Back to the flat and into the car.

He reached the airport 10 minutes later… and that’s when he realised he’d forgotten the money for the ticket.

"Dammit! What am I gonna do?" He thought. "Hmmmm, lets see, I’m small and I’m light. I know! I could pull off this extremely complicated plan which culminates in me kneeing everyone in the groin and legging it onto the plane… Or I could just go down the luggage shoot. Oh well I’ll have to save the groin-kneeing for later."

When he was sure no one was looking, RBS took a running leap and went straight into the luggage shoot.

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Hey this is fu-" Thump. "Hmmmm, maybe not!"

When he’s sure he’s locked in the cargo hold and that the plane is winging it’s way towards Portugal, RBS chances a look out of his box.

"Good, there’s no one around." He hops out of the box and scurries across to the box marked "Live Poultry"

Three Seconds later

"mmmmm, now that was nice chicken!"

Three hours later, at the Portugese airport

"Where’s that map? Ah, here it is. Right, let’s get going" With that RBS starts walking towards the Alps, we see him dissappearing in the distance.

He followed the winding path right through the mountains. He’d been here before, a long time ago. Now he was here again, on his way to see an old friend…

5 Days Later

With the end in sight, RBS allowed himself to rest. Making a bed out of grass and leaves he bunked down for the night. With pictures of Dan lying there twitching on the floor and the picture by his side…

RBS had a dream that night. A dream that saved Dan’s and indeed his life. He dreamt that his left foot was being slobbered on.

He woke up with a jolt in a cold sweat. He wiped his hand across his forehead, expecting it to come away wet. It didn’t. Where was that moisture coming from? Where was it touching his skin?

RBS looked down his body, his gaze fell on his leg. His left leg. His left leg was wet. No, not his whole leg, his foot.

A shape was moving in the darkness. A solid black shape, moving swiftly and stealthily, moving toward him. It had come back to finish it’s meal. It had obviously been scared off when RBS woke up.

The creature, whatever it was, had advanced to his left foot. Recalling what Dan had taught him three years ago, while he was completely out of it from Buds. "Cobblers Wheel, Cobblers Wheel, Cobblers Wheel…"

That was it. RBS moved his left leg up and brought it down parallel to his body. He then moved his right leg out at a direct angle to his body and placed it on the ground. The position was perfect.

Just as the creature was about to bit his foot, RBS whipped his right leg around his body, decapitating the creature. He then hurdled his right leg with his left and brought it back down into the position it started in. Perfect.

A small break-dance later and RBS was on his feet and following the path again.

4 Hours Later

He came to a temple. It was carved out of the cliff face and decorated exquuisitly. RBS skimmed his hand along one of the support pillars searching for something. He found it a minute later, a tiny hole. With a quick action he dislodged the surrounding stones to reveal…

A door. He then stepped forward and, recalling the pattern that Draygo had given him all those years ago, rapped on the door 9 times.

A slot slid open. A pair of yellow eyes were looking out at him.

"What’s the password?"

"superconducturalelectromagnetism" Recited RBS perfectly. How those elocution lessons payed off…

RBS stepped back and watched in wonderment as the whole of the pillar slid into the ground revealing a hole.

"Jump" Said a voice from down the hole. RBS did as instructed and found himself in a dimly-lit room.

Through the gloom he could just make out three hooded figures.

"seni ranglot afrina!" One of the figures said.

"Clengo wiyv foand Dan" RBS replied, recalling perfectly the dialect which he and Draygo had come up with long ago.

"It’s been a long time Rasta" Said one of the figures, reverting to English, as he stepped forward.
" Too long Draygo." RBS said, regret filling his voice.

"You should have come sooner" Accused Draygo.

"I should, but I didn’t. I’m sorry for that, but I need your help, Draygo. He’s bad, real bad."

"This Dan you talk of, is he as bad as Flnyh was?"

"Worse. He’s gibbering as well, I think it’s full blown"

"We’d better go. If he’s as bad as you say then he may not last much longer without aid"

The atmosphere was tense, Draygo and RBS could both feel it. It could have been cut with a knife as they made their way out of the temple and back through the mountains.

"I meant to come and see you sooner Draygo" RBS stated truthfully as they jogged down the path.

"Then why didn’t you, RBS?" Draygo asked. There was definitely a hint of hurt in his voice.

" I couldn’t face it. Not after what happened last time I-"

"That’s no reason" Interjected Draygo with real venom in his voice.

"He shouldn’t have been toying with that Doll in the first place. I admit I was stupid to leave him alone, that was a major misjudgement on my part. But that doesn’t make it my fault. I’d told him what might happen. The fact that he’s now part of the Entity is neither mine, nor your fault. Just forget it RBS."

"don’t you think I’ve tried!? You think I want to keep seeing him in my mind? The way his face contorted as it took him?" Countered RBS.

"No of course not it’s just I-"

" Alight, lets forget this" RBS interupted. Somewhat purposefully Draygo thought.

"Awww, hell he’s right" draygo thought.

The rest of the trip to the airport was a silent one. Both RBS and Draygo seemed to have come to an unspoken mutual agreement. The past is the past, neither of them can change it.

Later That Day

The aircraft touches down on the runway. And RBS and Draygo leave it.

"At least I got to sit in the actual plane that time!" RBS said cheerfully. "Good job you had your Mastercard on you or it’d have been another flight in the cargo hold"

"Yes I always carry my credit cards, never know when you might need them!" Rreplied Draygo light-heartedly.

The tension seemed to have eased between them.

10 Minutes Later

They pulled up to the flat in the car and jumped straight out.

They both ran as fast as they could up the 7 flights of stairs to the level where RBS thought that their flat was.

"Oops! Sorry, I always get this wrong." RBS said.

"Hmmmmmm" Mumbled Draygo.

20 Minutes and 4 More Mistakes By RBS Later…

The door to the silent flat burst open and RBS stumbled in with a pencil stuck in his ear, placed there by Draygo after RBS managed to lead them to the 3rd wrong floor.

"Right, lets get to work" Came Draygo’s voice.

"Uh huh, lets!"

Draygo walked over to the settee where Dan was still propped. He was twitching violently again and still talking gibberish.

Draygo bent down and picked up a picture from Dan’s side.

"Is this it?" Inquired Draygo

"Yeah, it’s horrific. Not only does it have him on it but it also has the Xbox!"

Draygo holds up the picture to his face. Bill Gates stares back at him.

"You’re right it’s a bad one. I’m going to have to perform a powerful curse on him. It’s dangerous and there’s a more than 50% chance that he will not survive. Do you want to take the risk?"

RBS looked from Dan’s twitching form to Draygo. Then he looked back to Dan. Doubt filled his mind. But he couldn’t say "No, don’t do it" could he?! Dan’s life was in his hands.

After a slight hesitation RBS replied "Yes. Do it." His voice was dry.

"OK, please stand back Rasta, as I said it is dangerous. Not only to him but to you as well. While I am performing the curse do not look or listen to what I am saying. I don’t know what will happen to you if you do. No one has been foolish enough to not take my advice before. I hope you’re not going to be the first to.

"Point taken"|

RBS stepped back into the shadows, covered up his ears and closed his eyes. He kept them like that for around 3 minutes. Someone was tapping him on the shoulder. He opened his eyes.

"It’s alright RBS, you may look now. It’s going into the last stages. It’s perfectly safe to watch."

RBS looked over to where Dan’s body… should have been. Where was it?! His eyes scanned the room, no sign of him.

Then, for the first time, he saw the fire that was blazing happily in the middle of the room. Dan’s copy of Shadow of Memories was lying by it.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He wailed, launching himself at Draygo.

"You’ve killed him you cold-hearted sod. You’ve killed him! And I trusted you. How could you do this to me? HO COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME???"

Draygo squirmed unsuccessfully in RBS’s grip.

"Boy" He was thinking. "Now I know what the mean by the strength of the insane!"

RBS groped around for something. His hand fell on a bottle of Bud. The last bottle of Bud that Dan was ever going to drink.

"You scumbag! You complete bas-"

The rest of the sentence was drowned out by Darygo’s screams as RBS brought the bottle thumping down on his head. Again and again.

Then Draygo’s body went limp. He gave up and he died.

The fire was acting oddly. It had turned green. A bright emerald green. Then it turned black.

"A black fire?" RBS thought.

Then it went blue. Green, black, blue, green black blue green…

There was a scream from deep within the fire. It raised from the ground and formed 3 letters. One in black, one in blue one in green. P S 2. The fire turned back to flames. There was something emerging from them. Something large.

With one last gasp Dan pushed himself through the flames. His re-birth had not been without pain.

"Dan! You’re, you’re alive!"

RBS’s eyes scanned Dan’s burnt form.

"Yes Rasta. I am" Came the reply.

There was a movement on RBS’s right. Draygo’s hand twitched. It twitched again. Then his arm was raised from the floor…

"Knew I should have hit him a few more times" Said RBS off-hand.

Draygo pulled himself off the ground. His eyes were red.

"You shall regret this RBS."

And with that he transformed into a dove. (A dove? Couldn’t you have come up with something better? Yeah, but it’s ironic innit? I mean he’s just told RBS he’s gonna kill him and then he turns into a dove. The animal that symbolises peace.)

And flew away. A banshee yell accompanied him and RBS sagged to the floor…
Tue 15/05/01 at 21:51
Regular
"A square watermelon"
Heh, worth the wait (A whole...10 minutes!) Nice and violent too :)
Tue 15/05/01 at 22:22
That was fun
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hey well done Iggy, ( i know you're not here!) for winning the extra GAD prize!
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:45
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Great story RBS.

Shame I wasn't in it though. ;)

At least I didnt die though, I would of thought you wanted to kill me off! :D
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hehehehe, Nah, I couldn't kill you. As I said you're vital to my World Domination pla- errrrrr I didn't say that. I am not planning to take over the world... D'oh!
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:50
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I will help you take over the world. As long as I don't brake a nail in the process.
Wed 16/05/01 at 17:54
Regular
"You've upset me"
Good good.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.