GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SCART not working?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Bicycle"
Not exactly sure where to put this, so I plonked it in here. It appears to be where all the intelligent people are...

Righty.

Recently, my Sky SCART stopped working. To be exact, when I press "SKY" on the remote control, nothing happens. It used to go to AV2 automatically, but now... Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

See I have my nice TV, with two SCART inputs. Then in these two go my Sky Digibox and my DVD player. All well and good. Into my DVD player goes my PS2 and my VCR. When I turn on my DVD player, the TV automatically goes to AV1, as it should, but when I turn my Digibox on / off the TV doesn't respond.

I've tried switching the sockets, but still, nothing. Aaaah.... The main problem is Sky's silly disregard of an AV / TV button on their remote, but ya know, I can't complain.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Bicycle"
What connector are you using?
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:13
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
oh, thats what ours is anyway, is there a way of getting it better? we don't use the hard thinking way of it, just the simple one, as a new tv has been placed, waves have been going across the screen. how are you meant to fix it?
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:07
Regular
"Bicycle"
Nope, RC works fine except for the Sky thingy.

I think it may have something to do with the RC's default channel setting (Sky button + green button etc...).

But yeah, I can watch Sky like normal, just with poor quality...
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:51
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
did you change the batteries?
you may need to put back into the remote control the tv number and things. get the sky manual out, find out how to install the remote and bingo. normaly if the sky button isin't working, then neither is the volume control.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Does the box actually turn on?

I.E you get the green light?
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, I knew about teh TV --> HELP for ages.

But I'm just to damn lazy, especially if I lose the remote and just want to turn the digibox on...

*Cries.*

Mo' help please?
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:18
Regular
*bows*

My family threw a party in my honour after that discovery.
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If i get another call along the lines of "Ive got a blank screen" and getting them to press the AV button works, im going to kill myself, seriously.

EDIT: And 'zul, you are a genius.
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:11
Regular
Just a completely unrelated note, but for the non-AV button on the Sky remote, I accidentally figured something out.

If you're on terrestrial and can't be bothered to walk 3 feet across the room for the TV remote, and you're only equipped with the Sky remote, press the TV button then help.

Such a joyous discovery.
Thu 30/12/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Bicycle"
Not exactly sure where to put this, so I plonked it in here. It appears to be where all the intelligent people are...

Righty.

Recently, my Sky SCART stopped working. To be exact, when I press "SKY" on the remote control, nothing happens. It used to go to AV2 automatically, but now... Zilch. Nada. Nothing.

See I have my nice TV, with two SCART inputs. Then in these two go my Sky Digibox and my DVD player. All well and good. Into my DVD player goes my PS2 and my VCR. When I turn on my DVD player, the TV automatically goes to AV1, as it should, but when I turn my Digibox on / off the TV doesn't respond.

I've tried switching the sockets, but still, nothing. Aaaah.... The main problem is Sky's silly disregard of an AV / TV button on their remote, but ya know, I can't complain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.