GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a Surprise"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So Rooney's been charged and i bet David Dein's FA will likely hit him with the 3 game ban. And for what? VIOLENT conduct. Sorry but violent? a bit of a push in the face is now considered violent? Maybe in netball yes but in a mans game like football that is worthy of a 3 match ban? I can't remember but did Savage get a 3 match ban for that eye gouge? Ah but then again he's not wearing a United shirt is he.
So you mean to tell me that push in the face is more dangerous to the player then Ridgewell's Cantona style kung fu kick that left a chunk of Shrek's thigh on the pitch? It's more dangerous then a two footed sliding challenge? It's more dangerous then a elbow?

Banned for something that goes on in every penalty box whenever there's a corner. Still annoyed at that little South American jaunt we went on eh FA?
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So Rooney's been charged and i bet David Dein's FA will likely hit him with the 3 game ban. And for what? VIOLENT conduct. Sorry but violent? a bit of a push in the face is now considered violent? Maybe in netball yes but in a mans game like football that is worthy of a 3 match ban? I can't remember but did Savage get a 3 match ban for that eye gouge? Ah but then again he's not wearing a United shirt is he.
So you mean to tell me that push in the face is more dangerous to the player then Ridgewell's Cantona style kung fu kick that left a chunk of Shrek's thigh on the pitch? It's more dangerous then a two footed sliding challenge? It's more dangerous then a elbow?

Banned for something that goes on in every penalty box whenever there's a corner. Still annoyed at that little South American jaunt we went on eh FA?
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
He raised his hands to a player's face. Therefore it's violent conduct. It doesn't matter if you connect properly or not - it's still violent conduct, and deserving of a 3 game ban. It's exactly the same as aiming a kick. Even if you don't connect with the player in any way, there's still an intention to injure (apparently), and so it's deemed as violent conduct.

You've got to just face it. Rooney needs to calm down and stop going into a strop every time someone says something to him on the field, or he's going to just get consistently banned, which I don't think is exactly top priority for either himself or for Man United.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:07
Regular
Its a joke.

I remember Robbie Keane was only booked for pushing Beckham in the face at Old trafford in his Leeds days. He put enough force in it to knock beckham down proper (without any play acting) and all he got was a caution.

If the ref misses anything these days, the FA seem to come down 1000 times heavier afterwards.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AfroJoe wrote:
> He raised his hands to a player's face. Therefore it's violent
> conduct.

I still don't agree with the word violent. Is he swinging a punch at the guy? Is he charging in and chopping his legs in half? It was a gentle push to get the guy out his face which Ben whatever made to look like a sniper hit him.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:23
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
For once, I think the FA are right here.

Rooney should have been sent off, no doubt in my mind at all. He raised his hand to the players face and obviously had some intent to harm him. Why would he raise his hand otherwise?

He should have been sent off straight away, which would have ended in a suspension anyway, so I really don't think you can complain the FA are coming down hundreds of times harder.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
It wasn't really a gently push either, he lunged forward at him.

Oh, and he was lucky not to be booked for that hilarious dive anyway.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Shut up he 'lunged' forward at him. He stood up and pushed his hand in his face he didn't jump forward at him at all. Those pictures in San Andreas must be pretty hazy :-D
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:28
Regular
When robbie keane gets away with a yellow card, a 3 match ban is oh so slightly excessive.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lil Bro wrote:
> For once, I think the FA are right here.

You also think Defoe and King are the best players in the world therefore your opinion is null and void :-D
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Obviously things have changed since back then...

Laker, I'm back home now anyway, but here, download it from here

[URL]http://ronaldo7.footballclips.net/Scoringer_Goals_04_05/England/Premier_League/Desember/Uke-week%204/United%20-%20Bolton/[/URL]

He's moved his body towards him and really pushed him, right in the face too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.