GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What a Surprise"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So Rooney's been charged and i bet David Dein's FA will likely hit him with the 3 game ban. And for what? VIOLENT conduct. Sorry but violent? a bit of a push in the face is now considered violent? Maybe in netball yes but in a mans game like football that is worthy of a 3 match ban? I can't remember but did Savage get a 3 match ban for that eye gouge? Ah but then again he's not wearing a United shirt is he.
So you mean to tell me that push in the face is more dangerous to the player then Ridgewell's Cantona style kung fu kick that left a chunk of Shrek's thigh on the pitch? It's more dangerous then a two footed sliding challenge? It's more dangerous then a elbow?

Banned for something that goes on in every penalty box whenever there's a corner. Still annoyed at that little South American jaunt we went on eh FA?
Fri 31/12/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Big Sam brought up a good point though when he said if Rooney's getting done for Violent Conduct why is Tal Ben Haim being charged? You can't do both FA.

My point is though why does the Rooney push in the face deserve a ban yet the Savage eye gouge doesn't get looked at. Still waiting for someone to explain that instead of whining *ooooh if it was an Arsenal player you'd be saying he should be executed*
Fri 31/12/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Quinty wrote:
> Lets be honest here, if it had been Robin Van Persie you'd be claiming
> he should be banned for life, and in Ortegas case advocating Ajax
> hooligans to nearly kill him.

Yes because i was yelling that he should be banned for life from the rooftops when he tried to elbow Richardson in the face .............. oh wait, what's that, i wasn't? Silly me.
Fri 31/12/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've read some interesting things on this over the past few days. One guy saying we should lay off Wayne Rooney and that Spammed Ham Jam (whatever his name is) should get the punishment instead.

And I agree, to some extent. 'Play-acting' is a growing trend in European football today and, yes, it does seem to stem from the influence of money-hungry, fame-seeking foreigners. If we can erradicate the problem in the Premiership, perhaps it'll go some way towards a greater effect across the continent?

But Wayne Rooney deserves a ban, all the same. While there is no excuse too great that permits Robert Pires (as a 'regular') to tumble like he does when he's not got the graft, there's an even smaller crack in the game to allow for needless violence and immature, bad-tempered reactions of a hot-headed young prima-dona.

Wayne Rooney's only getting what he deserves. However, it looks as if - knowing what the FA are like - Bolton's new man could come away from it all scot-free.

If they don't start to get the message across now, before you know, it'll all be too late and this will have plagued our top division.

Football's growing all the time. More and more foreigners arrive here as the season's pass by. Make an example of him, as you did Rio Ferdinand - WHATEVER...

It doesn't matter if the ref' didn't see it on-the-day - isn't this the whole point their "panel" looks back on games like this afterwards?
Fri 31/12/04 at 02:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Man United fans ALWAYS have a chip on their shoulder.

'Cantona only flying kicked a fan in in the face. I mean OMG wtf?'
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:33
Regular
hah! had nearly forgotton about Van Persie in that game! But i'm glad you bought it up, as the intent shown by him that night was far worse than what rooney did!

but all he got was a yellow for "aggressive intent" and the ref didnt even see the elbow. he done 3 fouls in the space of just a few seconds.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:39
Regular
I that dirty Van Persie. With his double surname and moving to a better club. Kill! Kill now! Show no mercy.

Sorondo to Liverpool.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:16
Regular
Lets be honest here, if it had been Robin Van Persie you'd be claiming he should be banned for life, and in Ortegas case advocating Ajax hooligans to nearly kill him.

What nice chaps you are.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lalakersrule wrote:
>David Dein's FA

Oi! I object. Yes have a rant, but don't draw David Dein into it.
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nope considering unlike Spurs we actually have decent back up players. My point is that we shouldn't need to use them as the ban shouldn't have been given. If Robbie Savage doesn't get banned why is Rooney?
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:48
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Aha you think you're so hard done to don't you.

So, this United hating has left you where? 3rd.

Not exactly catastrohpic is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.