GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Cosmic..."
I haven't got an Xbox or the money for an Xbox before you start moaning at me, i'd like one but at the moment i'm happy with my PS2. If I was to buy a network adapter, would I have to pay extra charges (like you do on the Xbox) for conection fees? I've had a look at the website but it says nothing. Any ideas?
Wed 29/12/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Cosmic..."
I haven't got an Xbox or the money for an Xbox before you start moaning at me, i'd like one but at the moment i'm happy with my PS2. If I was to buy a network adapter, would I have to pay extra charges (like you do on the Xbox) for conection fees? I've had a look at the website but it says nothing. Any ideas?
Wed 29/12/04 at 23:03
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
No
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Cosmic..."
Was that a no to 'that I wouldn't have to pay conection fees' or was that a no to 'any ideas'?
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:33
Regular
"I'm Great."
As far as I am aware there are no charges as with the Live set up. There may be charges depending on the game though. Most are free as afr as I am aware though.
Thu 30/12/04 at 00:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
ecksbocks
Thu 30/12/04 at 01:04
Regular
No charges, aside from buying the Network Adapter, unless you want to play MMORPG's, of course.
Thu 30/12/04 at 09:29
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
O' course you'd need a broadband connection, a network router (if you want to use the computer and the PS2 online simultaneously) and the network adapter.

Everquest is a pretty penny to subscribe to though.
Get THUG2 so I can thrash you at it :)
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Cosmic..."
At the moment I wireless conection from my dads broadband router to my computer (linkys if that helps?), do I need to buy some more equipment? My computer is directly below my PS2 and if the ethernet wire is too short (which it was for xbox lives' wire) is it possible to make it wireless (if that made sense?)

Cheers
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:31
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I'm almost certain that you'll need to connect it to the router via ethernet cable, seems as that's the same set-up that I use.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.