GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory Card error...!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Okay, heres what happened. Seeing as i'm selling my PS2 and getting a new one in a few months time I thought i'd trasnfer all of the game saves I want to keep onto my Max Drive, so I did.

But when I tried doing so it kept saying something like Copy failed so I gave up. But when I went onto my Memory Card before playing a game all of my game saves were repaced with a box saying 'corrupted files'.

So, I lost all of my saves. I then restarted the PS2 and checked it again and the corrupted files weren't there, it just said 'No Data' but when I try to save now it doesn't save and instead comes up with 'Unknown error'.

Help please?
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Okay, heres what happened. Seeing as i'm selling my PS2 and getting a new one in a few months time I thought i'd trasnfer all of the game saves I want to keep onto my Max Drive, so I did.

But when I tried doing so it kept saying something like Copy failed so I gave up. But when I went onto my Memory Card before playing a game all of my game saves were repaced with a box saying 'corrupted files'.

So, I lost all of my saves. I then restarted the PS2 and checked it again and the corrupted files weren't there, it just said 'No Data' but when I try to save now it doesn't save and instead comes up with 'Unknown error'.

Help please?
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Simple, shouldn't've copied them on to your "Max Drive".
Thus, you are scrood.
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:28
Regular
Stridiot
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Indeed.

Just keep Memory Cards as Memory Cards.

It's as simple as that, don't bother with all that Max Drive toss.
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bad luck.

Have to say while the PS2 itself gets lots of complaints for breaking down i've never had a single problem with my memory card compared to the PSX where i used to have quite alot of problems of data becoming corrupted (FF7 in particular)
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You didn't reset the console when it as trying to copy over did you?
Or try copy max files onto the memory card without uncrushing them?

Max drive works well and lets me keep a backup of important saves, also means you can remove old saves from a card instead of having to buy a new card when it gets full.
Mon 20/12/04 at 19:40
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Copy all your files to another memory card in case stuff like this happens.
Mon 20/12/04 at 19:59
Regular
been reading a few reviews of it and seems that alot of peoples memory cards have been wiped by this! Stay well clear.

i just use x-port.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.