GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nothing in this life is free....right?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Titty biscuits"
Like most people, if someone I didn't know came up to me and said "Here's one million pounds, it's yours", I'd probably look at them in shock and confusion for a few seconds, then say "and the catch is...?". So this is why I'm suspicious of my latest luck.

While trying to allow my old Half-life to work through steam, I clicked the button marked "register a product I already own" ,or something similar, and got prompted for a Keycode. So I typed in my Code, as you would. It then decided this was the keycode for a platinum pack or something, and added all these games to my "My Games" list. Being suspicious, I assumed there was a hidden charge which I'd missed out somewhere along the line. But it hasn't prompted me yet, and Opposing Force definately works. Right now, I'm quite happy in the knowledge that if I'm stealing, I don't know about it, and I'm sure as hell not complaining! Anyone know if I've unwittingly spent some vast amount of money? Any comments welcome.
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Pirates make everything free DVD'S,GAMES,CD'S AND MORE PRODUCTS.
Sun 02/01/05 at 12:55
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
jimbojambo wrote:
> Well it wasn't from a generations pack. I'm just worried that there
> are some charges which I haven't seen. Guess I'll just be grateful
> that I got the free games for now.

Nope, I registered my 6 year old copy of hl, and Got Codename Gordon, Team Fortress classic, deathmatch classic, Day of Defeat, Opposing force and richochet free of charge.

I can't fault Valve for that.
Sun 02/01/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Titty biscuits"
Well it wasn't from a generations pack. I'm just worried that there are some charges which I haven't seen. Guess I'll just be grateful that I got the free games for now.
Wed 29/12/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Captain to you."
Could just be a problem with steam, when the counterstrike beta was running you could enter a cd key for condition zero and the steam network was so funked it allowed you to play for as long as your steam was on, it was to do with people trying to register a product but the network was too busy so steam just allowed anything that was relitavly close or the same as someone elses key.
Wed 29/12/04 at 07:01
Regular
Is your old Half Life from a Generations pack?

I have HL Generations, just cannae be bothered installing them as I'll probably never play them again.
Tue 28/12/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Titty biscuits"
Like most people, if someone I didn't know came up to me and said "Here's one million pounds, it's yours", I'd probably look at them in shock and confusion for a few seconds, then say "and the catch is...?". So this is why I'm suspicious of my latest luck.

While trying to allow my old Half-life to work through steam, I clicked the button marked "register a product I already own" ,or something similar, and got prompted for a Keycode. So I typed in my Code, as you would. It then decided this was the keycode for a platinum pack or something, and added all these games to my "My Games" list. Being suspicious, I assumed there was a hidden charge which I'd missed out somewhere along the line. But it hasn't prompted me yet, and Opposing Force definately works. Right now, I'm quite happy in the knowledge that if I'm stealing, I don't know about it, and I'm sure as hell not complaining! Anyone know if I've unwittingly spent some vast amount of money? Any comments welcome.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.