GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"little turning to big problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 10:18
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
recently, i have installed mcafee software, since doing this certain things have not been working. things such as not being able to click on certain buttons in internet explorer like links and so on. also, problems in mcafee itself, the background does not appear in the security center. another slight problem is that i can't get rid of the darn thing, as when i run the unistall program it also does not show any buttons. i have updated my java program as i noticed there is a newer version. could that be part of the problem? also, i cannot use the restore point feature, as the background does not appear in that section either.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:24
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
could i have some help, as i am now seriously considering backing everything up, and starting again. which really a pain in the ar*e
Thu 30/12/04 at 14:59
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
does anyone have any ideas, because my emails are beginning to build up, as i can't delete them. 250 and counting, about 1 every 10 seconds now, i don't know why though.
i have now updated the micrsoft virtual machine, it doing nothing different.
Wed 29/12/04 at 15:08
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i have a new norton antivirus cd which i got with the pc, installed it, restarted the computer, but when it comes to setting up norton, it comes up in a half blank screen, with the words like, now you will setup norton, or norton is the safest thing around, something like that. but i can't get any futher if i click on the next button, nothing happens. is there something wrong with my java or microsoft virtual machine thing?
Wed 29/12/04 at 14:37
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
somebody please?
Wed 29/12/04 at 13:31
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
does anybody know of a program which you need, to show them little pictures in programs?
Wed 29/12/04 at 13:10
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
thats what i have tried to do, but it doesn't work. i just then tried to re install it, with no luck. what are the little pictures, with the shapes in. like a green triangle red circle and something else i think. man this is getting annoying
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Why don't you uninstall MacAffee from the Control Panel?
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:25
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
thanks, see if this works...
but, now i'm trying to install a wireless connection to a netgear device, it connects to the device ok, but i need to configure it, so i can get to the internet, the web page which is meant to take me to the settings, just says loading file... could they be linked?
Tue 28/12/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You can use Mozilla Firefox to browse the web to find a solution. Try re-installing a newer McAffee over the top.

Sounds to me like you have acquired a virus which has nuked McAffee though. You may want to try AVG from grisoft.com. There's a free edition if you dig for it.
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Ah I remember this happening before, it was a buger to get rid of, cant remember how I did it though sorry

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.