GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"House of Flying Daggers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I went to see this today, and thought it was quite good.

It's quite similar to HERO, as you'll know if you'd seen the trailers.

The effects are amazing, as would be expected, but it's not really quite as artistic as HERO. There's less of all the 'I'll just make a tornado of Pink leaves with my stick' stuff, but it is more Westernised..

..That is more pallatable for us Euopeans and our 'Allies' across the pond.

It's quite funny, too.. Something HERO wasn't.... intentionally.

The plot I thought was good. Very twisty,.. maybe with what I thought was an over-played end. It could easily have ended 4 times.

All in all, I enjoyed it? Anyone else seen it?
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:34
Regular
I thought it wasn't that great. Hero, whilst being so overrated, is a field better than this. This just bored me for quite a bit, and the CGI was used too sparingly.
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Just got back from watching this at the cinema. Twas a superb film!

Wasn't expecting it to be as much of a love story as it turned out to be, which made quite a nice change. Like to watch films when I don't really know what it's going to be about.

{spoiler alert}
Then ending was a little drawn out. How many times did each of those guys at the end get stabbed and still hobble around? I thought it was going to end when they had each others swords in them... but no.

Overall, an enjoyable picture, and I'm sure I'll go see it again when the Misses isn't at work.

:)
Mon 27/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
had this for ages like it a lot..not as good as Hero but still a top film from the director. his on a bit of a roll at the moment.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:52
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I'm hoping to see it, looks pretty good.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I went to see this today, and thought it was quite good.

It's quite similar to HERO, as you'll know if you'd seen the trailers.

The effects are amazing, as would be expected, but it's not really quite as artistic as HERO. There's less of all the 'I'll just make a tornado of Pink leaves with my stick' stuff, but it is more Westernised..

..That is more pallatable for us Euopeans and our 'Allies' across the pond.

It's quite funny, too.. Something HERO wasn't.... intentionally.

The plot I thought was good. Very twisty,.. maybe with what I thought was an over-played end. It could easily have ended 4 times.

All in all, I enjoyed it? Anyone else seen it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.