GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 11/12/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Saw the latest video of GT4 the other day and it's looking really great now. But does anyone know if they've dumped that stupid penalty for hitting walls yet?
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Chr1s wrote:
> I think the stupid penalty for hitting walls is still in there
> unfortunately.

*COUGH*

Yes they have dumped the penalty (it was intended for online balance - no online, no penalty).

I played the final demo - limited to 150 seconds but you get to go round the Nordschleife and the Paris track (which looks amazingly real)... rather than a penalty they have included a rather nice 'head jolt' effect when you prang into the wall, you can practically feel the whiplash :-)
Mon 20/12/04 at 23:25
"High polygon count"
Well, if you're any good, you wont hit walls... so it won't matter!
Mon 20/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think the stupid penalty for hitting walls is still in there unfortunately.
Sun 19/12/04 at 00:18
"High polygon count"
ßulle†† wrote:
> You could do, but after the abysmal Prologue, I think I'll be giving
> GT4 a miss.

You obviously haven't been keeping up.

The 'full' GT4 is NOTHING like Prologue.
Tue 14/12/04 at 14:09
"STiLL <3 u"
I believe it comes out late Dec. but i might be forgetting another delay so just in case Jan... early 2005
Tue 14/12/04 at 14:08
"STiLL <3 u"
Sirdar wrote:
> I cant wait till the new gt comes out. It has annyoyed me that the
> fact it has been delayied quite a bit.

Quite a bit??? Try a year and a month or two.
Tue 14/12/04 at 12:42
Regular
You could do, but after the abysmal Prologue, I think I'll be giving GT4 a miss.

Might pick it up on PSP if I ever get one of those...
Tue 14/12/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Or you could get both, like I'm planning to do. I can't have enough racing games in my collection. :)
Tue 14/12/04 at 06:58
Regular
Anyone with any sense (and an Xbox, obviously) will go for Forza Motorsport instead.
Mon 13/12/04 at 16:42
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yes they have dumped the penalty (it was intended for online balance - no online, no penalty).

I played the final demo - limited to 150 seconds but you get to go round the Nordschleife and the Paris track (which looks amazingly real)... rather than a penalty they have included a rather nice 'head jolt' effect when you prang into the wall, you can practically feel the whiplash :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.