GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why are play station 2 is great"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/05/01 at 13:22
Regular
I think the new play station is crap and a wast of space in our Bed rooms
Thu 17/05/01 at 17:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
The DVD Player on PS2 is excellent, my Uncle even compared it to his £500 DVD player!

Thu 17/05/01 at 16:40
"High polygon count"
Bonus wrote:
> The DVD is absolutly crap on the ps2, nothing compared to a real dvd
> player, like the sony 355.

Odd, because it compares favourably to my Sony DVP-S725D.

It's obviously never going to be as good as an above-average dedicated player; the picture quality won't be as good, and nor will the playback features. It was never intended to be, and it certainly never will be for the price. And quite frankly, I don't know why people are foolish enough to expect it to be.

It serves as a basic DVD player, and that's all it was ever claimed to do. You wouldn't expect to buy a top-end dedicated player for £300, and only a fool would expect to get a top-end player combined with another product.

It's the same as hi-fi equipment - if you want a decent system, you buy a combined (midi) unit; if you want the best quality, you buy seperate units.
Thu 17/05/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
New Jimmy wrote:
> Im going to wait until Sony sorts its DVD movie player in the PS2
> out before I consider buying one.

The dvd player is absolutly fantastic but it lost sound sync sometimes but this is overcome by selecting the diagnosis on.now you have a dvd player the same quality as about £250.i highly recommend it.

also there's alot going round about the ratio being fixed,this isn't true you have to STOP the dvd then you can adust it.
Wed 16/05/01 at 14:41
Regular
Sony has said that the DVD playback in the ps2 will not change, the software may be updated but that will not improve the MPEG2 decoder in the machine.
Wed 16/05/01 at 14:39
Im going to wait until Sony sorts its DVD movie player in the PS2 out before I consider buying one.
Wed 16/05/01 at 14:07
Regular
The DVD is absolutly crap on the ps2, nothing compared to a real dvd player, like the sony 355.
Wed 16/05/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Back For Good"
i don't think this person has or has seen a playstation 2,the dvd is fantastic!!!,ps1 games run really smoothly and look great.the new dvd games are better than anything on any other computers.

go on "find my own way" wait for the water to come up,press start then fiddle with the analog sticks and enjoy the most amazing water effects ever seen.eat your heart out pc owners.
Wed 16/05/01 at 10:13
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
cheatguru wrote:
> he's new here leave him alone or ill kick your @ss

Something is not right. He is a "regular"!

He will think he has the right to start swearing much more now since he is no longer a "newbie".

The Future Is Dim, because guru is here and is now a "regular".
Wed 16/05/01 at 08:54
Regular
"not dead"
half life master wrote:

"Why are play station 2 is great"

I really cannot make sense of this title!?!?

> I think the new play station is crap and a wast of space in our Bed
> rooms

By 'new play statation' I assume that you mean the PS2, as it was in your rather confusing title, or, have I again misunderstood your obvious genius? Do you maybe mean the PSOne, that could be refered to as a 'new play station'.

Mind you, neither of these consoles take up much room, so couldn't realistically me refered to as 'a wast of space'.

So what could this 'new play station' be?

I think the answer can be found here ' '. See, the space between 'play' and 'station'. I assume that half life master is actually writing about his new toy train station. That would take up much room if attached to a whole train set, and would seem to suit the poster, given his style of writing. Mind you, he doesn't seem impressed by it.

No room for both Thomas AND Percy, hey?
Tue 15/05/01 at 19:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
half life master wrote:
> I think the new play station is crap and a wast of space in our Bed
> rooms

What's a play station?? What does 'wast' mean?? I didn't know it was spelt 'Bed rooms.'

Perhaps I ought to get my 3-year-old cousin to reply, even she could think of a more intellectual post than this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.