GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something funny is going on"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/12/04 at 15:14
Regular
"..."
Several weeks ago my copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty got broken, so I decided to buy another one. I had bought the one that got broken from SR, but I ordered the other one from cdwow.com . When it arrived today I noticed some really strange things about this copy: First of all MGS2: SOL is now available as a part of the platinum range, but this one was a normal copy, and I know they didn't have it from the beginning because at first it was out of stock then it became in stock, secondly, and most importantly, it didn't have that official shining little sticker that says "PS2" on the DVD case, all official PS2 games have it, also I noticed that in the 1st copy I had there were 2 DVD holders in the case: one for the game and one for the bonus DVD, the new copy only had one. Then I began to remember some other strange things about this site: They are the only ones that ship worldwide for free (Which is why I bought this time from them), and they don't sell Half Life 2. Now Half Life 2 is supposed to be one of the best PC games ever, and the sales of the game have hit the roof, so no one would have a problem with selling it. Now isn't it a really weird coincidence that Half Life 2 happens to be the only game with anti-piracy ? I don't have the game, but I know that you have to register online to play it to prevent it from being copied, so , are they fraudsters or what ? I agree that all these things might be just a just a coincidence, except for one thing: The missing official PS2 seal, so ??
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:14
Regular
"..."
Several weeks ago my copy of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty got broken, so I decided to buy another one. I had bought the one that got broken from SR, but I ordered the other one from cdwow.com . When it arrived today I noticed some really strange things about this copy: First of all MGS2: SOL is now available as a part of the platinum range, but this one was a normal copy, and I know they didn't have it from the beginning because at first it was out of stock then it became in stock, secondly, and most importantly, it didn't have that official shining little sticker that says "PS2" on the DVD case, all official PS2 games have it, also I noticed that in the 1st copy I had there were 2 DVD holders in the case: one for the game and one for the bonus DVD, the new copy only had one. Then I began to remember some other strange things about this site: They are the only ones that ship worldwide for free (Which is why I bought this time from them), and they don't sell Half Life 2. Now Half Life 2 is supposed to be one of the best PC games ever, and the sales of the game have hit the roof, so no one would have a problem with selling it. Now isn't it a really weird coincidence that Half Life 2 happens to be the only game with anti-piracy ? I don't have the game, but I know that you have to register online to play it to prevent it from being copied, so , are they fraudsters or what ? I agree that all these things might be just a just a coincidence, except for one thing: The missing official PS2 seal, so ??
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Take them to Courts.

Buy a sofa.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:18
Regular
"..."
This is serious. All their games cost just as much as anyone else, What if they turned out to be pirates ?
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
They wouldn't.

They're far, far big to do that. If they were found to be operating like that then they'd face fines that would put them right out of business.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Captain to you."
It's probably a offical disk as any copies won't work on your console without it being chipped. Maybe the sticker machine got stuck or ran out of stickers.

Plus halflife 2 isn't the only game to have anti-piracey all games do it's just weather it works or not. But you can get halflife 2 illgally it took 1 day before it was going around the net. All steam did was make sure no-one could get it early which was a good idea.
Thu 23/12/04 at 15:25
Regular
"..."
Did anyone buy a game before that doesn't have the official seal ? Is it common to happen ?
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:55
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Does it work?

If so, stop whining.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:01
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Man that just hurt my eyes, how about simple punctuation like spaces and paragraphs :P
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:01
"Goodbye Cruel World"
Cd-wow either ships from somewhere in europe (can't remeber where) or Hong-Kong. Maybe thats got something to do with it?

Also they send games from Australia, which is still PAL, but does not use the same logo's, certificates, etc as England. Maybe that;s got something to do with it as well???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.