GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron Atkinson"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Colourless"
Quick poll.

Mis-treated of fairly treated?
Wed 22/12/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Colourless"
Quick poll.

Mis-treated of fairly treated?
Thu 23/12/04 at 00:24
Regular
Fairly.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:53
Fairly.

I reckon most of the football world is pretty racist, I mean look at Mihajlovic etc.

Ron was just the idiot with the big mouth. It got the problems of racism into the open again, like the Spain thing did.
Thu 23/12/04 at 11:08
Regular
"tokyo police club"
He should've been sacked for his commentary and bias anyway.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Colourless"
In comparison to how others are being dealt with (Cough Aragones cough Spain cough again) I think he has been unfairly treated.

However that's due to the others being treated softly and not him being treated harshly.

I do have sympathy for the guy though, having his life pretty much ruined by making one mistake. It does seem a bit like the punishment didn't fit the crime, but these days you just cant say those sort of things...
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:07
Regular
Very unfairly treated.

Anybody with half a brain can see he isn't a racist, just not educated on political correctness.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:10
Regular
"Colourless"
Well yeah, he did bring black footballers into the English game.

But why would he make such comments?

Also this wasn't the first time he'd accidentally broadcast racist comments. Last time he got away with it by convincing everyone it was just a joke....
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:15
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> Well yeah, he did bring black footballers into the English game.

Exactly, a racist wouldn't tolerate black people in their football team, people have to bare in mind that he must have worked with the black players on a daily basis, you really think a racist could do that? I think not.

> But why would he make such comments?

Well we all say things and then wonder why. Normally when we're frustrated, as Ron was at the end of the game, things come out as spur of the moment.
Thu 23/12/04 at 12:46
Regular
Unfairly. The whole thing is yet another example of how ridiculous political correctness has got. Wow, he said mean things about the black man, get over it. How many times on films and T.V do we hear 'whiteboy'? Somehow there's nothing wrong with that.
Thu 23/12/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Colourless"
Calling someone a white boy is not derogatory...

I agree, here the punishment didn't fit the crime, but what could they have done?

He may not be a racist, only people who actually know him can verify that, but why would he "accidentally" voice racist views live on television TWICE?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.