GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ron Atkinson"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 23:44
Regular
"Colourless"
Quick poll.

Mis-treated of fairly treated?
Sun 26/12/04 at 23:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dringo, please, stop.

You're making morons like Stridman and Wakka look clever.
Sun 26/12/04 at 23:07
Regular
Dringo - you're a cretin of uncomparable proportions.
Sun 26/12/04 at 22:46
Regular
Forza wrote:
> So let me get this straight.
>
> You're saying that calling someone a n*****r is as bad as calling
> someone fat or ugly?

If you're insulting SOMETHING else then yes.

In Ron's case saying n*****r is the equilivant of saying ugly.
Sun 26/12/04 at 22:44
Regular
That's all Ron meant it as though.

Lets say he looked ugly rather than being black, Ron woulda said...

"What a useless ugly ba$tard"

You know... that's all he meant it in. He wasn't insulting Black people he was insulting the player and connected an attribute to him, much like calling Rooney Ugly or Viduka fat.

That's all I mean.
Sun 26/12/04 at 00:11
Regular
A at person wouldn't be as fast as a thin perxon generally though, and probably less fit, so that would affect their qualuity in a match, and when have you ever heard anyone criticise Ruud's playing because he's got a rather long face, or someone gone "Ach. I can't believe that potatoe lookalike missed there"

YOu're just stupid.
That's all.
Sun 26/12/04 at 00:10
Regular
So let me get this straight.

You're saying that calling someone a n*****r is as bad as calling someone fat or ugly?

Oh dear. Oh dear.
Oh dear.

I always knew you were a complete and utter moron Dringo, but now...
Oh dear.
Sat 25/12/04 at 23:56
Regular
Forza wrote:

> So calling someone a "n****r" is simply making an
> observation, is it?
> Moron.

I don't know the full context but I guess that is not what offended the player.

I'd imagine that n****r was a word used at the end of a section of abuse about his football playing.

Mark Viduka, utterly useless, completely ruined the entire game, can't play to save his life the stupid fat tw*t.

Maybe that makes me fatist???

I would never use the word Ron used for the simple reason it is deemed so offensive it is almost surreal. But it is no different from calling Rooney Ugly, Viduka fat, Van Nistolroy a horse.

They are all derogatory but they aren't criticised or slammed. You see n****r is just an offensive way of saying black person, fat is an offensive way of saying obese or overweight, Ugly is a cruel saying too. They are all as bad as eachother and personally I find that n****r is no different than calling someone a wa**** or any other offensive term. And we all do it, even to people we like, especially if they did something particulary useless.
Sat 25/12/04 at 15:19
Regular
I can understand his anger at being sacked for saying when "they all call each other that anyway".
It's still way wrong though, it's basically like saying "he'd play better if he was white"

He should be shot anyway - because his name is too similar to Rowan Atkinson, who is waaaay better.
Sat 25/12/04 at 01:31
Regular
I honestly do have to laugh at you for that, Dringo.

I really really do.

So calling someone a "n****r" is simply making an observation, is it?
Moron.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:03
Regular
I insult people for being naff...

If a fat guy screwed something up I'd call him a "stupid fat (insert word)"

An oberservation on character.

Women, I'd say a derogatory comment about women to a woman who messed up.

So I really think it is a little overblown. Nothing against the nationality just the individual.

But hey he's back now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.