GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Cursed Road"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 20:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
Last week a guy I know from school was in a car crash in the early hours of the morning, his drunk friend was driving him home, the roads were icy and they skidded into a lamp post, rolled down and ploughed into a wall. The guy I know died instantly, the other guy who I don't know died in hospital a few days later due to internal bleeding.

On monday night I was working (extra shifts as it's busy at Christmas) and the delivery time was an hour for every order because a bridge that leads to pretty much half of the town was shut. I assumed for maintainence purposes, until I walked up that way after work to my friend's house and saw the police had cordened it off and there was a chalk outline, bloodstain and ripped up jacket laying there. Some guy got run over, died on impact apparently.

It seems to me that two fatal accidents on a stretch of road is pretty wierd, perhaps there's an old gypsie curse on it. Then again perhaps not.
Thu 23/12/04 at 01:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Ms NY wrote:
> "so many crashes on it every day."
>
> Every day?
>
> Crikey.. more evidence to note how sheltered I am in Wales

Don't your battle sheep (sheep with viking horny helmets) ever knock in to eachother?
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:16
Regular
Yeah, I'll just barricade myself into my lighthouse with a dog and a pop-gun. Outside baaad
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:11
Regular
"cachoo"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Every day?
>
> Crikey.. more evidence to note how sheltered I am in Wales

Yessum, I crashed on it 6 years ago or something. Weird things, they are.

You don't need to go out anyways, it's evil!
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:04
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
"so many crashes on it every day."

Every day?

Crikey.. more evidence to note how sheltered I am in Wales
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:01
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I remember coming home from watching "The Village" at about 2am to find my street completely misty (the only street that was, funnily enough) and taped off. Two policemen were patrolling the area, and there was a parked police car. I had to go round the block to get to my house, as I couldn't cross the tape. A crimescene is all they would tell me, I heard the next day that it was a hit-and-run...
Wed 22/12/04 at 21:01
Regular
"cachoo"
Paradox: wrote:
> his drunk friend was driving him home, the roads were icy

I'm sure that's more of a valuable reason than a curse would be.

It'll probably have a name assigned to it soon. One road in my town is called Dead Man's Alley because there are so many crashes on it every day.
Wed 22/12/04 at 20:59
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Coincidences happen more often than you think.

I wouldn't say it's cursed.
Wed 22/12/04 at 20:57
Regular
"SOUP!"
It was about 10 metres down the road. Really not far at all.
Wed 22/12/04 at 20:55
Regular
"xbox-nation.o-wh.co"
1) Sorry about your friend.

2) Thats pretty weird, was it in the same part of the road or far apart?
Wed 22/12/04 at 20:55
"slightlyshortertagl"
:-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.