GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm interested in starting a DVD collection"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/04 at 19:01
Regular
"The Red Shift"
So:

1) Where do you get your DVDs from (ie. we're talking mega cheap here)

2) Anyone know a good listings place of the best DVDs/films etc.

EDIT:

3) If you're kind enough to give reccomendations than please splurge them out till your hearts contetn, if you wish.
( ;) )

Thanks muchly.
Fri 24/12/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Chr1s wrote:
> I can't stand to have the one disc version when I know that there is a better one.

But also more expensive. Of course it's you're money, do as you want with it, but I don't bother much with special features myself. Only extras I ever watch are music videos or out-takes, and all that can fit onto one disc.

:)
Thu 23/12/04 at 21:40
Regular
"The definitive tag"
chippxero wrote:
> I don't see the point in 2 disk versions.
>
> I don't care how the film was made or what the director thinks about
> parts of the film. i'd rather sit down and watch another film than
> watch another hour or so of clips of a film i just watched.
>
> Thats just my opinion. I'm happy with just getting the film then
> moving on to the next.

I see what you mean but I can't stand to have the one disc version when I know that there is a better one.
Thu 23/12/04 at 21:39
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Clazon wrote:
> God. It's more expensive than I thought.
>
> I added up a few DVDs and it came up to £210.
>
> That's quite a bit to fork out.

Don't have to buy them all at once.
Thu 23/12/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
DVD special features can be good but it depends what they are. Sometimes they are crap. In films like alien and spiderman. Totally boring stuff. I don't mind an alternate ending though or some good trailers for other movies. Which are usually most useful in Japanese films as you have never seen alot of their trailers. Utterly useless in hollywood movies though.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:00
Regular
Yes it's always a good idea to check around places like Play.com, Amazon, Sendit, etc. because there is no one company that gives the best deals on everything. If you're after just cheap DVDs then shops will likely be selling many off cheaply after christmas.

Tesco are going to start doing what Play.com do, selling popular DVDs and CD albums without VAT from their Jersey store. I imagine they might try and steal Play.com customers seeing as how Tesco are a lot bigger.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:32
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

> Should I be the first to point out the obvious stupidity here?

Yeah I know, they just look better though.

I'm stupid like that.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Captain to you."
I don't see the point in 2 disk versions.

I don't care how the film was made or what the director thinks about parts of the film. i'd rather sit down and watch another film than watch another hour or so of clips of a film i just watched.

Thats just my opinion. I'm happy with just getting the film then moving on to the next.
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:31
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> I do tend to buy the 2 disk versions.

> the extras on
> any DVD, to me they're just a big waste of time.

Should I be the first to point out the obvious stupidity here?
Thu 23/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> If you want a respectable DVD collection then get the special editions
> of films instead of the lame one disc versions.

Why?

Don't get me wrong I do tend to buy the 2 disk versions. But I can't actually think of the last time I sat down and watched the extras on any DVD, to me they're just a big waste of time.
Thu 23/12/04 at 16:38
Regular
"That's right!"
I get mine from Play.com and Virgin (Virgin because I get a quid of airtime for every ten quid I spend in there) and have literally lost count of how many I've got.

I use http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=rumneyuk to keep track of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.