GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading through the religious threads..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm astonished at how many of these "good" christians have done absolutely nothing more than scream hatred at anyone who dares question their beliefs. Looking at Ant, Forest Fan, and Fozz's, responses, they are uniform in their smug "I'm better than you, and I'm going to heaven and you'll all suffer eternal torment" tone.

What's more, once they've finished screeching their messages of loathing at anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, they tend not to bother thinking about it any further; the respond, then run away. They demand everyone listen to what they have to say, and refuse to extend the same courtesy to others.

Is it just me, or is this behavior...well, rather unchristian? What happened to Jesus' teachings of humility? Turning the other cheek? What happened to the idea of learning about oneself by trying to understand the nature of God? Seems to me that these people have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common with any of the ideals of the Christian faith. I'd go so far as to say that they're only interested in their faith insomuch as it makes them feel rather superior to others. And I always thought pride was a sin.

Anyway, merry xmas to you all.
Tue 21/12/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm astonished at how many of these "good" christians have done absolutely nothing more than scream hatred at anyone who dares question their beliefs. Looking at Ant, Forest Fan, and Fozz's, responses, they are uniform in their smug "I'm better than you, and I'm going to heaven and you'll all suffer eternal torment" tone.

What's more, once they've finished screeching their messages of loathing at anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, they tend not to bother thinking about it any further; the respond, then run away. They demand everyone listen to what they have to say, and refuse to extend the same courtesy to others.

Is it just me, or is this behavior...well, rather unchristian? What happened to Jesus' teachings of humility? Turning the other cheek? What happened to the idea of learning about oneself by trying to understand the nature of God? Seems to me that these people have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common with any of the ideals of the Christian faith. I'd go so far as to say that they're only interested in their faith insomuch as it makes them feel rather superior to others. And I always thought pride was a sin.

Anyway, merry xmas to you all.
Tue 21/12/04 at 09:51
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Light, are you Christian?
Tue 21/12/04 at 09:54
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Nope. More a humanist really. But to be honest, I don't much care about the label; generally speaking, I believe in being good to ones fellow man, and using ones brain. I believe God exists in some shape or form, but I don't believe he/she/it is remotely relevant to our lives.
Tue 21/12/04 at 09:56
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
Ah, i see. I'm still trying to work out where I stand on all this.
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Have fun. I haven't figured it out myself. I tend to learn as I go. It's rather more honest that way in my opinion.
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:04
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
You seem to know that God exists and that etc etc...meh, after some of your posts i think i should actually take the time.
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:09
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Oh good lord, I don't know anything like that. I have a certain amount of faith about it. But I could be wrong.

~shrugs~

No-one can know unless God Himself makes a personal appearence.
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:12
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I mean..you seem to know where you stand on the topic.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Respect your own belief and you can respect others.

You simply have to work out what you think is correct, or rather 'compatible' with you, and then think how this relates to others.

I have a rather strange belief system, in that it certainly isn't fully formed an half the time I can't explain.
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"cachoo"
Light wrote:
> No-one can know unless God Himself makes a personal appearence.

I had a conversation today with a workmate about sexuality which then led on to the Adam and Eve part which then led onto the whole God thing. And that was exactly what I said about God.

They would not accept that though - and I thought it was fairly reasonable seeing as I think it's entirely true - you can't know for sure that God exists until you can say you've seen Him!
The "you have to believe it to see it" quote cropped up a few times from them, too. Meh. That's just a weak back-up.

Although, I think I went a bit too far saying the Bible was just a book full of opinions and 'wants'. That touched a nerve.. :-s

It was quite an interesting little debate, though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.