GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading through the religious threads..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/12/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I'm astonished at how many of these "good" christians have done absolutely nothing more than scream hatred at anyone who dares question their beliefs. Looking at Ant, Forest Fan, and Fozz's, responses, they are uniform in their smug "I'm better than you, and I'm going to heaven and you'll all suffer eternal torment" tone.

What's more, once they've finished screeching their messages of loathing at anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, they tend not to bother thinking about it any further; the respond, then run away. They demand everyone listen to what they have to say, and refuse to extend the same courtesy to others.

Is it just me, or is this behavior...well, rather unchristian? What happened to Jesus' teachings of humility? Turning the other cheek? What happened to the idea of learning about oneself by trying to understand the nature of God? Seems to me that these people have absolutely nothing whatsoever in common with any of the ideals of the Christian faith. I'd go so far as to say that they're only interested in their faith insomuch as it makes them feel rather superior to others. And I always thought pride was a sin.

Anyway, merry xmas to you all.
Sat 25/12/04 at 17:48
Regular
Ju§t TinkŠ wrote:
> I'm the joker this christmas

"Joker" isn't the word that springs to mind.
Sat 25/12/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Notable"
Light said:

Reading through the religious threads...
------------

Looking for some late night entertainment?

I'm the joker this christmas
Sat 25/12/04 at 01:13
Regular
Ant wrote:
> I hope to see you in Church 10am sharp on
> Sunday, heh.

Do you go on christmas day?
Fri 24/12/04 at 22:31
Regular
In Ant's defence, he's only defended against your "attacks" on Forest Fan.

Perhaps if he'd read a bit more what Forest had said it'd change.
Remember Ant, Forest condemns us Catholics too! :-)
(I think I remember you saying you were Catholic...)
Fri 24/12/04 at 08:59
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ant wrote:
> I find this post quite insulting, considering you don't even know me
> Light.

As opposed to being told that you personally are looking forward to seeing the faces of the non-christians on this board in hell so you can gloat? I'm SURE that's not insulting...
>
> I'm just a name on a chat forum Light, and no I'm certainly not the
> perfect person, but if you truly knew me then I really think you
> would take back everything you have said in this topic.

True enough, and everything I've said is based on what I've seen from those names on a chat forum. If I truly knew you...yeah, chances are I would take it back.
>
> All I can really say is that...well, if you're honest with yourself,
> how much do you know about my personal faith? Do you know that I'm a
> co-leader of a weekly youth Christian group? Do you know that I pray
> every night for my family, my friends, people in times of need,
> people who I would like to meet God as well? Do you know that at our
> group, we set ourselves secret tasks to not only improve ourselves as
> people, but also improve the lives of others? But I can't try and
> 'promote' myself too much...because otherwise I'll be accused of
> trying to be superior.

I know that you complain bitterly at having your own beliefs attacked, yet you heap scorn on anyone who doesn't believe what you believe. I know that your christian charity extended as far as wishing eternal torment on the non-christians here. I know that you've stopped debating on a couple of occasions, rather than have to think about what it is you believe.

The things you do in your Christian group are all very nice, but if you think that you can do some good deeds there, and that those good deeds excuse you from having to behave like a decent human being toward anyone who asks a few questions about your faith, then I'm afraid I don't think you're a particularly good person. I seem to recall Jesus' message being one of universal love and brotherhood. Not "Love thy neighbour, unless he's funny looking".

>
> But no, despite those things I've listed, being a Christian doesn't
> make me a great person, far from it...and of course, you don't have
> to be a Christian to be a good person! I know loads of non-Christians
> including my own family who are all wonderful people...but you know,
> Christian or not, I really do try my best to be a good person. I'm
> not much good at it, but I do try...which is why your post hit me
> quite hard.

Well, for what it's worth, I apologise for that. It's not my intent to hurt or upset. It's my intent to make you think. Whatever you may think of my opinion about you, it's the impression you've given. Like you said, you're just a name on a message board. And, prior to this post, it's a name I've associated with arrogant condescension toward anyone who's beliefs don't tally with your own. Also a refusal to actually discuss your beliefs; just a desire to shout anger and hatred at anyone who believes differently, and nothing more.

> Merry Christmas to you too. I hope to see you in Church 10am sharp on
> Sunday, heh.

And a Merry Xmas to you too.
Thu 23/12/04 at 23:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
I find this post quite insulting, considering you don't even know me Light.

I'm just a name on a chat forum Light, and no I'm certainly not the perfect person, but if you truly knew me then I really think you would take back everything you have said in this topic.

All I can really say is that...well, if you're honest with yourself, how much do you know about my personal faith? Do you know that I'm a co-leader of a weekly youth Christian group? Do you know that I pray every night for my family, my friends, people in times of need, people who I would like to meet God as well? Do you know that at our group, we set ourselves secret tasks to not only improve ourselves as people, but also improve the lives of others? But I can't try and 'promote' myself too much...because otherwise I'll be accused of trying to be superior.

But no, despite those things I've listed, being a Christian doesn't make me a great person, far from it...and of course, you don't have to be a Christian to be a good person! I know loads of non-Christians including my own family who are all wonderful people...but you know, Christian or not, I really do try my best to be a good person. I'm not much good at it, but I do try...which is why your post hit me quite hard.

Cos I know it shouldn't hurt me, but I can't help being myself...and your post does kinda hurt. But I guess you're entitle to your opinion.

Merry Christmas to you too. I hope to see you in Church 10am sharp on Sunday, heh.
Thu 23/12/04 at 00:13
Regular
Some of tbe Christians I know are the best Christians until they start being "Christians". It's sort of ironic. :-)
Wed 22/12/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have more 'Christian values' than most Christians I've ever met to be honest.

Anyway, I think there has to be something out there but one which we can't understand.

Us - evolution - Formation of planets - Big Bang - Gases - Where did they come from?

Us - God - Where did God come from?

In my view everything needs to come from something but in the end something appeared... from nowhere really.
Wed 22/12/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Ms NY wrote:
> Don't make this about you.. :-p

Oh I'm sure he won't. If he'd wanted to do that, he would have responded to my queries about whether he's bothered to acknowledge the pagan roots of Xmas (or Christmas, or whatever the hell he's insisting on it being called).
Wed 22/12/04 at 03:31
Regular
I've no idea what this guy is talking about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.