GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the hell have they took Smackdown & Bottom Line of Sky 1 on Saturday mornings???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 23:58
Regular
"liverpool18"
I find it a discrase that Sky have decided to spit in the face of non Sky Sports subscibers, by romoving it from Sky 1 on Saturday morning from Dec 31 and puting it on Sky sports 3. Well if they continue to do this by wrestlemania, then the WWE have lost a dedicated WWE fan for the past 10 years...
Wed 22/12/04 at 22:50
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
have ne of u noticed that whenever someone gets punched the camera angle changes
Wed 22/12/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Heh... The only reason I have the sports channels is for wrestling. :) Just gives me more reason to pay with more of it on them. :D
Wed 22/12/04 at 12:43
Regular
"..."
Reefer wrote:
> I'm not too bothered about it, to be honest, as the product is pretty
> awful these days anyway.

Hee. I'm imagining a meeting between Sky executives and Vince.

Sky: Mr McMahon we have been very pleased with the ratings we've been getting for both Raw and Smackdown. We'd like to renew the contract for th next few years.

Vince: That's great. Live audience figures and ratings are in the toilet in the US at the moment, but another long title run for Hunter will soon remedy that.

Sky: Erm, ok...

Vince: In fact, the UK is our stringest audience at the moment. Which is unacceptable. I need the US to be my biggest market.

Sky: How are you going to do that? Freshen up the roster? Bring in guys with in-ring talent and pull those US audiences back in.

Vince: No, that would be too difficult. What I need is a way to stop people in the UK from watching. This will then make the US figures seem better.

Sky: But, Vince...

Vince: Seriously, have you got any suggestions?

Sky: Well, we currently show most of the shows on Sky Sports 1 and/or Sky One, I guess we could move them all to Sky Sports 3, our lowest rated sports channel and one that most subscribers don't bother with.

Vince: Perfect. Any other suggestions?

Sky: Umm, we could also move the shows to totally unwatchable hours when no-one is awake.

Vince: Mister, you got yourself a deal...
Wed 22/12/04 at 11:33
Regular
I'm not too bothered about it, to be honest, as the product is pretty awful these days anyway.
Wed 22/12/04 at 09:58
Regular
"..."
Hmm, we have all the Sky Sports channels, so I'm not really bothered. Bit bad for those of you who don't though, obviously...
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
this is truly a bad idea.
they're alienating a fair few fans i imagine by removing it from sky 1 altogether..
Tue 21/12/04 at 14:36
Regular
> Grandprix wrote:
> I couldn't live without my sports channels. I watch way too much
> sport.

Me too. I don't watch a wide variety of sport but I watch alot of football.

> AFC 4Eva wrote:
> theres nthing more annoying then tryin to
> watch a really good match and having your dad going on about how its
> all fake etc, etc, etc. lol.

Lol...my dad does that too! Thankfully I got a TV in my room and never had to hear him again :D
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:58
Regular
"AFC 4EVA"
Grandprix wrote:
> I couldn't live without my sports channels. I watch way too much
> sport.

heh, me too, I'm trying to convince my parents to get rid of the movie channels so that i can get sky multiroom in my room, so i can watch the WWE in peace. theres nthing more annoying then tryin to watch a really good match and having your dad going on about how its all fake etc, etc, etc. lol.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I couldn't live without my sports channels. I watch way too much sport.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Ow Yer"
HOW! can you guys live without the sports channels? there like the best ones

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.