GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Renting DVD's online"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 18:01
Regular
Anyone use online DVD Rental service??

I was looking around for a good online rental service. Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts on this?

It looks like Tesco are pretty good online rental services. Looks a pretty good service from under £8 a month. Gets you:

[URL]http://www.tescodvdrental.com/?a=1786&l=7[/URL]

- unlimited dvd rentals
- free delivery
- no late fees
- impressive stock

Would appreciate advice and thoughts on this as I tend to stay in a lot over the first few months of the new year - and can think of nothing better than ordering online as my nearest rental place is miles away.

Cheers.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:14
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Just keep signing up to all the free trails. That's kept me going for the last couple of months :D

And don't use Tescos, because anything that adds to thier profits is bad.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Blockbuster were good as well.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:48
Regular
[URL] http://www.dvdtrials.co.uk [/URL]

Check out that site for info on all the rental services.

Oh and I wouldn't bother joining now as it's unlikely you'll get any of your films until after Xmas, the post's taking ages at the moment.
Tue 21/12/04 at 13:46
Regular
I'm on a 6 week trial with LoveFilm at the moment. They're good, usually get most new releases the day they come out and tend to get most the films I want, as soon as I list them.

Another good rental service I found was Global e-rental, they always got me the films I wanted on the day they came out or as soon as I asked for them.

To be honest I wouldn't bother with the Tesco rental service. They've got tons of members so it's really hard to get new releases with them, I was with them for 6 weeks and not once did I get a new release the day it came out or any time soon after.
Tue 21/12/04 at 12:58
Regular
I think I am goinig to give the Tesco one a go.

They also offer a 14 day free trial - so might as well try it out.

Thanks.
Tue 21/12/04 at 11:59
Regular
"thunderful"
I'm with LoveFilm at the moment. £14.99 per month for 3 dvd's at a time.

They have a large library and I normally get what I want.
Mon 20/12/04 at 18:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Probably the best one ive tried was Qflicks, they had the largest selection so i usually always go what i wanted. Im trying to remember the last company i tried, may have been screenselect, if it was they were crap, most of the better films were out of stock and they trick you into paying by offering you another 2 weeks free whilst similtaneously signing you up to normal subscription.
Mon 20/12/04 at 18:01
Regular
Anyone use online DVD Rental service??

I was looking around for a good online rental service. Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts on this?

It looks like Tesco are pretty good online rental services. Looks a pretty good service from under £8 a month. Gets you:

[URL]http://www.tescodvdrental.com/?a=1786&l=7[/URL]

- unlimited dvd rentals
- free delivery
- no late fees
- impressive stock

Would appreciate advice and thoughts on this as I tend to stay in a lot over the first few months of the new year - and can think of nothing better than ordering online as my nearest rental place is miles away.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.