GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C.O.D Finest hour"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty: Finest Hour'.
Mon 13/12/04 at 23:34
Regular
"I am the game"
I bought this today, very excited because i play COD on my pc, single and multi player every day and enjoy every second. My hopes were high for the x-box outing.

Turned it on and played the first mission, it was alright, good graphics, alright atmosphere felt like i was part of something other then the usual one man army.

On the second level I stopped like the game here, the atmosphere had gone it felt and looked like another of the Medal of honour games. I turned off the consoles and was sure there was some mix up at the shop maybe they have given me a MOH game, nope it was COD. sod it.

I know some people will love the game and but if you have played the pc version then this game is another arcade ww2 shooter destined to join the medal of honour ranks.

I feel that after the first level there has been no atmosphere whats so ever and three yes, three tank levels in the first set of mission. The tank level in COD on the PC weren't great but there were still only two of them. It just an arcade shooter with no replay value.

This game, i feel has bought nothing new into this genre. I will congratulate the programmers on making the game possibly the easiest FPS on any console to control.

Played the game? i would to hear your views.
Fri 17/12/04 at 14:22
Regular
"8==="
It's just like the PS2 version apparently, so a low graphical approach may make the online decent.

Wouldn't even think about it if you're offline judging by the reviews.

One to get from the bargain bin no doubt.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:42
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Surely you could have got a decent offer instead?
Tue 14/12/04 at 18:52
Regular
"I am the game"
Just returned it (thanks to 10 day no quibble returns) Now have Soul caliber 2 and Time splitters 2 and 2.99 back on my credit card.
Tue 14/12/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Touched!"
I told you it would be poo you pikey..BUT DID YOU LISTEN TO PIKECAST? NO!
Tue 14/12/04 at 15:45
Regular
I did exactly the same, Played the first level "hmmm so-so" then came to the second level and i just gave up, what a load of poop.
Tue 14/12/04 at 07:30
Regular
This, along with PoP:WW has come off of my 'To Buy' list.

Which is a big shame as they both had so much potential.
Mon 13/12/04 at 23:34
Regular
"I am the game"
I bought this today, very excited because i play COD on my pc, single and multi player every day and enjoy every second. My hopes were high for the x-box outing.

Turned it on and played the first mission, it was alright, good graphics, alright atmosphere felt like i was part of something other then the usual one man army.

On the second level I stopped like the game here, the atmosphere had gone it felt and looked like another of the Medal of honour games. I turned off the consoles and was sure there was some mix up at the shop maybe they have given me a MOH game, nope it was COD. sod it.

I know some people will love the game and but if you have played the pc version then this game is another arcade ww2 shooter destined to join the medal of honour ranks.

I feel that after the first level there has been no atmosphere whats so ever and three yes, three tank levels in the first set of mission. The tank level in COD on the PC weren't great but there were still only two of them. It just an arcade shooter with no replay value.

This game, i feel has bought nothing new into this genre. I will congratulate the programmers on making the game possibly the easiest FPS on any console to control.

Played the game? i would to hear your views.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.