GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am bracing myself..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Tue 14/12/04 at 09:20
Regular
For the introduction to Metal Gear Solid 3. Got the game at the end of last week and I just haven't had the time to crack open the box and brace myself for the opening so instead like a coward it has sat on my shelf waiting to be played. Just out of interest so I known how many drinks I need to buy in, how long does the introduction take?

As stupid as it sounds I can't wait to play it however going on past Metal Gear experiences I want to be able to watch the introduction without being bothered by the dog, football, work etc etc.

Just a heads up would be appreciated ;)
Thu 16/12/04 at 13:49
Regular
But it is a good thing because it is Metal Gear. There are always plenty of stuff to do like collecting tags and unlocking stuff. I am going to have a crack on this when I get in from work. Haven't bothered yet as it isn't a game you can just pick up and then leave due to the obvious nature.
Thu 16/12/04 at 13:34
beanz wrote:
> yeah in the first 45 minutes or so you play for about 2 minutes
> then you get a few sections to go through and then ANOTHER 45 minutes
> or so is taken up by movies...
>
> although most of it is movies and not codec

I do hope you're exxagerating a bit... a game with 20x more video footage is not a good thing. At least it's not codec crap, I guess.
Thu 16/12/04 at 11:18
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah in the first 45 minutes or so you play for about 2 minutes
then you get a few sections to go through and then ANOTHER 45 minutes or so is taken up by movies...

although most of it is movies and not codec...which makes life far more interesting. still have lots of conversations about random stuff in the game though -try saving and get a long chat about godzilla lol

i've only got about 2 hours into the game...so can't really give any proper impressions of it
Tue 14/12/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
What, 5 minutes? I feel cheated!

I wanted a moooovie.
Tue 14/12/04 at 18:38
"period drama"
I think you get to actually play the game for 5 minutes in the first hour. But it settles down a bit from there on in. Or so I heard.
Tue 14/12/04 at 09:20
Regular
For the introduction to Metal Gear Solid 3. Got the game at the end of last week and I just haven't had the time to crack open the box and brace myself for the opening so instead like a coward it has sat on my shelf waiting to be played. Just out of interest so I known how many drinks I need to buy in, how long does the introduction take?

As stupid as it sounds I can't wait to play it however going on past Metal Gear experiences I want to be able to watch the introduction without being bothered by the dog, football, work etc etc.

Just a heads up would be appreciated ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.