GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ICQ"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/12/04 at 12:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
good or bad?

I've heard it's buggy and a bit of a spyware pump, but then again i've heard its lighter than MSN and also better.

A question for anyone who uses/has used it - can you import msn contacts into ICQ?
Mon 20/12/04 at 15:44
Regular
"you've got a beard"
does anyone still use it??
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:53
Regular
"..."
Paradox: wrote:
> Heh, running on startup isn't a prob. My startup is really light, all
> you need to do is Start>Run>Msconfig then go to startup and
> uncheck everything apart from network connections, antivirus and
> firewall. It annoys me how IM programmes try and take presidence over
> actually important programmes.

Aaah, that's how you do it. I did that a few years ago with my old PC and then forgot the Msconfig bit. Did a search on the internet but turned up nowt, probably because I was ussing the wrong keywords. Anyway it was due a re-format as it was becoming over-run with spyware. Now I won't let her install ANYTHING from the internet.
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:48
Regular
"SOUP!"
Heh, running on startup isn't a prob. My startup is really light, all you need to do is Start>Run>Msconfig then go to startup and uncheck everything apart from network connections, antivirus and firewall. It annoys me how IM programmes try and take presidence over actually important programmes.
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think its a bit crap.
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:46
Regular
"..."
Aaargh. I hate it. Mind you I don't actually use it, it's just that Lucy used to have it installed on her laptop (along with Messenger and some other IM) programmes and it used to do my head in that all these programs would load themselves as soon as it booted up, delaying my attempts to load up Championship Manager. Solved this problem a few months back by formatting her hard drive :->
Regular
"We are the dead"
No, you can't.
Regular
"SOUP!"
good or bad?

I've heard it's buggy and a bit of a spyware pump, but then again i've heard its lighter than MSN and also better.

A question for anyone who uses/has used it - can you import msn contacts into ICQ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.