GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wtf?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 19:24
Regular
"We are the dead"
I have an .mp3 file (Blues Brother's Theme as it so happens), but according to WMP, it "cannot play the file, as the file type may not be supported" blahblah - you know the message.

It plays in Quicktime, but Quicktime sucks wang.

So what's going on?

Cheers.
It's just this one file too.
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:18
Regular
"We are the dead"
Yes.

Bah, it doesn't matter - I'll just try to find another version.
Hopefully I'll find one.
:'{
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:15
Regular
"Bicycle"
Do you have the latest WMP codecs?
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:02
Regular
"We are the dead"
ID3 @ 3
€ + ôTIT2 @ Blues Brothers - Theme.mp3

Also - curiously, it works in Windows Media Classic, but not WMP10.
Hmms.
Mon 20/12/04 at 10:20
Regular
"NULL"
Try opening it in Notepad or another text editor and copying the first few lines of the file into here. Just the bit before the 'random' characters start.
Mon 20/12/04 at 00:41
Regular
"bing bang bong"
At a guess, it could be a quicktime file but with a .mp3 extension.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Captain to you."
Most likely what happened is the guy that ripped this used nero which has a problem sometimes of encodeing audio to 'Mpeg4' but this reads as 'mp3' in the file system. my nero 6 does this if i try to rip audio tracks and so i don't use it for ripping only burning.

I'm not sure how you can fix this but if you have audio editing software i would try to convert it to 'wav' then to 'mp3' again this technically should work.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:10
Regular
"We are the dead"
Sun 19/12/04 at 22:33
Regular
"NULL"
Try playing it on WMP on another PC to see if it works. That'll determine whether it's your version of WMP or not. Also, what version of WMP do you have?
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:36
Regular
"We are the dead"
Blues, man.

Blues.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:36
Regular
Father Crilly wrote:
> Bahlies, didn't work.
> :'{

Well that's your fault for listening to such crappy music :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.