GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Why I Don't Like Xmas..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/12/04 at 15:14
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Posts: 3,773
For generations now, millennia if you will, Christian man has believed in and celebrated Christmas. Dating back two-thousand-and-four years to the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Christmas has been a momentous occassion inwhich people come together.

Over the years, Christmas has evolved to be something that people all over the world celebrate. It's become a holiday. It's become a reason to give gifts to those that you love...

I don't disagree to any of those, although I do find that other religions who commemorate this holiday only do so for the present aspect. They, too, have Father Christmas after all. But they don't honour the birth of Christ. Neither do I, to some level. I don't raise a glass at the Christmas dinner and toast to Jesus for saving us of our sins. But I know that we wouldn't have this holiday if it wasn't for him.

And that's why I don't like Xmas...

'Cos you can't substitute Christ for an X. Sure, he died on a Cross, that's supposedly one reason why we use the X. But the main reason is that it's shorter and easier to write. The word "Xmas" doesn't even sound nice. It's a bastardisation to promote laziness, commercialism, and to perhaps leave out the Jesus part of it.

Some people will say I'm over-reacting. Others will say it doesn't make a difference. Some will say that it doesn't change anything. And for the latter part of what I've just wrote, they're corredt. It doesn't change anything. It doesn't anger God, it doesn't drag us away from our religion, it doesn't mean we celebrate different holidays. But I will say that Xmas doesn't have a place in my house. Aslong as I've got my religion, and my faith, and my will to write an extra six letters (C-H-R-I-S-T) - I will only be commemorating Christmas.
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Posts: 3,773
;^)

I try...
Fri 24/12/04 at 17:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Posts: 7,442
The Hibernator wrote:
> I laugh at you crossbob, the way I would a pigeon...

:D
wonderful ...
Fri 24/12/04 at 16:07
Regular
Posts: 863
I disagree entirely.
Fri 24/12/04 at 15:24
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Posts: 6,015
I don't like Christmas, because it adds an air of competitiveness all too often to friendships or relationships.

Let's face it, Christmas dinners are woeful. There's about 3 edible ingredients of that mass of rubble. And the jokes, and the singing, and the "merry" mince pies...

If you're really honest with yourself, you'd rather scoot upstairs and tangle your hair in the radiator as you move yourself in accordance with that ever-so popular new Prodigy CD you bribed your parents into buying for you.
Wed 22/12/04 at 00:07
Regular
"Captain to you."
Posts: 4,609
Gotta love this time of year it bring everyone together. Every forum has people against Crossbob.

It's beautiful

:')
Tue 21/12/04 at 23:19
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Posts: 3,773
crossbob wrote:
> Shut it im not as grumpy as you Oh I don't like christmas because im
> just a old grump. thats how you are!

Yes I'm an old grump at the milestone age of eighteen. I better get out my walking stick and my hearing aid, as I go drink a prune juice...
Tue 21/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Posts: 2,938
Crossbob, there's a typo on your profile. There are too many digits in the 'age' field.
Tue 21/12/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Catch it!"
Posts: 6,840
Shut it im not as grumpy as you Oh I don't like christmas because im just a old grump. thats how you are!
Tue 21/12/04 at 19:34
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Posts: 3,773
Kibitzer wrote:
> That's just beyond sad

Aimed at crossbob, right?
Mon 20/12/04 at 21:21
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Posts: 6,015
That's just beyond sad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.