GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear Arsenal...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/12/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Colourless"
An interesting rumour, which I really hope is true.... :

Apparently, when Arsenal went to Old Trafford this year, all the players had shirts on that said "half century." Somehow, S'Alex got wind of it and told his players, if they won, to offer to swap shirts with all the Arsenal players. So at the end, they all whipped off their shirts, but none of the arsenal players would take theirs off....
Mon 20/12/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Quinty wrote:
> Ronaldo vs Fulham, Fletcher vs CPFC? Not a mention. If that had been
> Pires you'd have been creaming yourselves.

Yup no one has ever mentioned Ronaldo's diving in these forums before, we're all blind to it............oh wait again. The difference between Ronaldo and Pires is Ronaldo's doing his lord of the dance impression at 100mph while taking on people while Pires just kicks it past someone and falls over without even being touched. So of course people will pick up on the most blatant one. Plus at least United admit Ronaldo dives and has tried to take that out his game, alot different to Arsene 'I didn't see it if the culprit was in a Arsenal shirt' Wenger, which i think is a big reason why people pick up on it more

Oh and Ronaldo vs Fulham got a mention seeing as you mentioned it a few days back
Mon 20/12/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Ronaldo easily goes down because of his stature, he is hardly the most built player in the world and indeed he uses that to his advantage, which any player would?

Pires and Vieira, however, fall when brushed by the wind. I recall a recent incident where Viera's pathetic attempt to dive and there wasn't a player around him, when have you seen someone dive like that before?

To be honest, it's not just the diving that gets up peoples noses. It's more that Arsene Wenger and some of his players speak publically about others diving i.e. calling Ruud a cheat, yet has tinted specs on when their own dive and do it quite badly. What? does he not have anything to say about that then? are they not Cheats then Arsene?

My advice to Wenger would be to keep your trap shut next time.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Quinty wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> Because it never happens with any other team in this
> forum............oh wait
>
> Ronaldo vs Fulham, Fletcher vs CPFC? Not a mention. If that had been
> Pires you'd have been creaming yourselves.

LOL.

But sadly true.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:24
Regular
"We are the dead"
Why yes.

Yes it is.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
Father Crilly wrote:
> ...without needing anyone to help him on his way down.

Isn't that basically what falling over is?
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:21
Regular
"We are the dead"
...without needing anyone to help him on his way down.
Sun 19/12/04 at 21:20
Regular
Quinty wrote:
> Ronaldo vs Fulham

Hey, Ronaldo doesn't dive. He just falls over all the time and gets free kicks awarded.
Sun 19/12/04 at 20:32
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Because it never happens with any other team in this
> forum............oh wait

Ronaldo vs Fulham, Fletcher vs CPFC? Not a mention. If that had been Pires you'd have been creaming yourselves.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:28
Regular
Seems an accurate description to me. Add Kewell and Ruud to Arsenal's team and you've got the lot.
Sun 19/12/04 at 18:25
Regular
"We are the dead"
Is that your little way of saying, "Yep, you're right, my team does consist of numerous shameless divers, who do quite frequently use diving to gain the upper hand at crucial points in the game"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.