GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox or PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/05/01 at 14:35
Regular
Who is going to win the next generation war? I didn’t know there was a war, with the dominant PlayStation already outliving it’s estimated reign at the top of the games sales charts – even the consoles are apparently selling 4 to every one PlayStation 2 that’s sold! But the new war will bring new arrivals and maybe at least one of them will displace the PSX from the shelves once and for all – no offence to Sony, as they made a classic machine.

The X-box is the Microsoft machine that will be incredibly large but all mightily powerful totally outperforming the PlayStation 2 – from early screen shots. Check out the X-box website at www.Xbox.com and have a look around. The X-box will offer DVD technology as well as the most incredible up to date graphics in the best games you’ll ever play (hopefully) and so Microsoft could be onto a winner with this one. It arrives in 2002 in about March or April, so there’s less than a year to go. I think it could win the supposed war, and knock the PSX and PS2 out the way.

The PS2 or PlayStation 2 is a games machine already suffering from a botched line up of games, but is coming good with some amazing titles, although these are few and far between. Star Fighter, the Star Wars game shows signs of the PS2’s potential, whereas ISS and FIFA show signs that the PS2 is a big messed up machine. It has a DVD player so you could save yourself a lot of money here, but will the £299.99 price tempt enough away before Microsoft arrive?

The Nintendo Game Cube will be Nintendo’s next machine, but will it make it out? I have heard rumours that the Game Cube production has been put on hold for the time being, but I suspect it will arrive in 2002 quarter one. It should be a format for all, although the mini disc type discs that it will play look slightly suspicious – is there a DVD player with it? Maybe a nice £150 price will tempt you.

Dreamcast – is this going to be even talked about in a few years? It’s on its last legs and has stop in production, but is the only online ready console at the moment and so you can play games against people across the world and in Europe. The games available for it are great, but the PS2 will surely be better soon with the 100mhz of extra power!

So I predict the X-box or the PS2 will take all. Have a good time playing the games!
Mon 14/05/01 at 14:35
Who is going to win the next generation war? I didn’t know there was a war, with the dominant PlayStation already outliving it’s estimated reign at the top of the games sales charts – even the consoles are apparently selling 4 to every one PlayStation 2 that’s sold! But the new war will bring new arrivals and maybe at least one of them will displace the PSX from the shelves once and for all – no offence to Sony, as they made a classic machine.

The X-box is the Microsoft machine that will be incredibly large but all mightily powerful totally outperforming the PlayStation 2 – from early screen shots. Check out the X-box website at www.Xbox.com and have a look around. The X-box will offer DVD technology as well as the most incredible up to date graphics in the best games you’ll ever play (hopefully) and so Microsoft could be onto a winner with this one. It arrives in 2002 in about March or April, so there’s less than a year to go. I think it could win the supposed war, and knock the PSX and PS2 out the way.

The PS2 or PlayStation 2 is a games machine already suffering from a botched line up of games, but is coming good with some amazing titles, although these are few and far between. Star Fighter, the Star Wars game shows signs of the PS2’s potential, whereas ISS and FIFA show signs that the PS2 is a big messed up machine. It has a DVD player so you could save yourself a lot of money here, but will the £299.99 price tempt enough away before Microsoft arrive?

The Nintendo Game Cube will be Nintendo’s next machine, but will it make it out? I have heard rumours that the Game Cube production has been put on hold for the time being, but I suspect it will arrive in 2002 quarter one. It should be a format for all, although the mini disc type discs that it will play look slightly suspicious – is there a DVD player with it? Maybe a nice £150 price will tempt you.

Dreamcast – is this going to be even talked about in a few years? It’s on its last legs and has stop in production, but is the only online ready console at the moment and so you can play games against people across the world and in Europe. The games available for it are great, but the PS2 will surely be better soon with the 100mhz of extra power!

So I predict the X-box or the PS2 will take all. Have a good time playing the games!
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Out of them two.....

X-Box, clearly.
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:47
Regular
Oh dear, here we go again...
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
OMG! What a poor attempt to win a game!

Sonic
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Looking at the scheduled PS2 released, I'd go for PS2.

Mon 14/05/01 at 19:50
Regular
I thought it was rather good actually which is why I took the time to read it and respond.

Unlike Sonic's posts, which I tend to skip.
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:50
Regular
I really don't think that the Gamecube is going to be cancelled now, not with all those titles being unveilled at E3.

I know that the Gamecube will be best to suit me. And until FM has kids to play against, the Xbox will probably be best for him.

The only reason I'd recommend buying a PS2 is if you've got enough money to buy the others as well.
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:53
Regular
My kids aren't gamers. We go paintballing instead. But the muddy colours remind me of....

no, I won't...
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Please don't try to win GAD. This one was almost as bad as that Pokémon post...
Mon 14/05/01 at 20:31
Regular
Let me see a PC in a box the size of a fridge or a any position possible PS2---------Ps2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.