GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Light"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 15:48
Regular
"We are the dead"
Are you sure you're not my english teacher?

He frequently rants about the Daily Mail, despises The Sun etc, keeps dropping subtle remarks about the war in Iraq being completely unjustified etc when we're nowhere near that subject, had a discussion with us the day after the US elections about how on Earth they voted him in again and...

...showed us Farenheit 9/11 yesterday and today, because it ties in with 1984, which we're currently studying (the whole media changing aspect of it, and the idea of war being continuous and never ending).

Any excuse.

It's just odd how many similarities there are in terms of his political views and his views on the UK in general.

Oh, and notably, he doesn't so much "mock" religion if you like, but evidently, he's not particularly fond of it.

Actually, I'm not quite sure why I directed this at Light in particular, as it could apply to almost every Life forum frequenter...
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:48
Regular
"We are the dead"
Are you sure you're not my english teacher?

He frequently rants about the Daily Mail, despises The Sun etc, keeps dropping subtle remarks about the war in Iraq being completely unjustified etc when we're nowhere near that subject, had a discussion with us the day after the US elections about how on Earth they voted him in again and...

...showed us Farenheit 9/11 yesterday and today, because it ties in with 1984, which we're currently studying (the whole media changing aspect of it, and the idea of war being continuous and never ending).

Any excuse.

It's just odd how many similarities there are in terms of his political views and his views on the UK in general.

Oh, and notably, he doesn't so much "mock" religion if you like, but evidently, he's not particularly fond of it.

Actually, I'm not quite sure why I directed this at Light in particular, as it could apply to almost every Life forum frequenter...
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:53
"period drama"
Half the population (the sensible half) are like that.
And it's part of the English / Psychology teacher exam.
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:55
Regular
"We are the dead"
It's great having a teacher who doesn't particularly care about the whole "can't express a personal opinion in the classroom" thing - especially when those opinions are ones which you agree with.
Hurrah.
Thu 16/12/04 at 15:57
"period drama"
Indeed. Especially when you can say about 5 words out loud, and they'll be off ranting for about half an hour, completely forgetting we had any work to do.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:00
Regular
"We are the dead"
It's like you know him or something.

We do this weekly thing where we study an article for language techniques etc etc etc, which he has chosen and the likes.

And, nine times out of ten, he'll go off on a tangent completely and start ranting about the war or Bush or Blunkett or something, simply because there was something minor in the article that could be connected to it somehow.

It's joyous.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:03
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Meh. Tisn't me, but he sounds like the kind of teacher I'd like to be if I ever went down that route.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:04
Regular
"We are the dead"
Light wrote:
> Tisn't me

Really?!
Bah!

:'}
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:06
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You've glimpsed into the future and seen Goatboy The Teacher.
Except I'll be waving copies of Orwell at 4-11yr olds, making them listen to Rage Against The Machine and reading Chomksy at storytime.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Light and Goaty as teachers? Thank god i'll be in Japan before the primary school children uprising begins :-D
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:21
Regular
"We are the dead"
It's funny, because I initially was going to have the title as "Goatboy".

But decided against it seeing as how you've had 3 or 4 topics about you lately, and felt it would be unfair on the others to add another.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.