GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mac or PC - who is the best?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/12/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
We all hate wars between competing brands.
But, what do you prefer and why?

Im just curious to see what people like now a days.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
We all hate wars between competing brands.
But, what do you prefer and why?

Im just curious to see what people like now a days.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I prefer PC as it is cheaper, easier to build and customise, and all the software comes out on it, whereas mac is limited in software support.
Tue 14/12/04 at 19:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
i luv b1ll g4t3$.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
PC's will always be better for some things that Macs aren't and vice-versa.

As you all know, I have a Mac - it's reliable and does exactly what I want it to do and very well. I don't hate PC's, I just prefer not to use one.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have both. I like both for their individual merits.

Ps. When you ask "Mac or PC- who is the best?" it suggest that they're people... :)
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:13
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I wouldn't mind an Apple laptop - they look awesome.
Tue 14/12/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
iBook soon to come, i like PC because i have grown up with them, they are for everyones use, anyone can use them.
Mac are a bit more specilised, and they fit my criteria of work perfectly, so they are great for me.

So like Mr. Timmy said, i prefer not to use a PC, (or i will when it arrives :P)
Cant wait.
Wed 15/12/04 at 09:15
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Chad Niga wrote:
> We all hate wars between competing brands.
> But, what do you prefer and why?
>
> Im just curious to see what people like now a days.

Please God, no, not the 20+ year old debate.

I have both, I use both daily, I love both, I'm buying new versions of both next year. Been using both for over 12 years and although there are differences, both have their place in what they do.

Only thing I would say is the OS's can't be compared. OSX(Tiger) urinates over anything M$ has ever managed to fumble together and make longhorn look like 3.11

Even happier now you can get konfabulator on both too!;)
Wed 15/12/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Tyla wrote:
> Even happier now you can get konfabulator on both too!;)

Amen to that, brother.

*gets holy*
Wed 15/12/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Konfabulator is excellent. I must get round to actually paying for it sometime- my trial expired over three months ago. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.