GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Technical question on Ninja Gaiden"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ninja Gaiden'.
Thu 16/12/04 at 18:02
Regular
Does anyone else find the scrolling on Ninja Gaiden can get a bit choppy at times? All the reviews i've read mention it runs silky smooth yet mine occasionally struggles a bit and always in the same places. I'm using an RGB scart lead and running at 60hz and my Xbox has been chipped i.e emulators, dvd region free etc. Could this be why it does it?
Sat 18/12/04 at 02:36
Regular
Interesting! I always run my games with an RGB lead at 60hz and this is the only one thats a bit fussy. Maybe they just havent optimised it to run 100% glitch free at 60hz on the PAL tv system we use here. Like you say though, it doesnt spoil the game and only does it at certain bits. Guess i'll just have to get used to it!
Sat 18/12/04 at 01:37
"Majestic"
Mine did this Stu, and i don't have a modded box. I think my problem was to do with my TV - it doesn't really like 60hz mode at all - though it runs them, it doesn't run as well as a 50hz game.

It wasn't unbearable though, just happened at certain times.
Sat 18/12/04 at 00:50
Regular
Cheers for the input peeps, appreciate it. Guess its my modded Xbox then although i seem to remember someone saying Pro Evo 4 does something similar on 60hz yet at 50hz it runs fine. Might try it and see what it does if i change it. It was something to do with v-sync clashing i think. It was technical anyway so i wont bore everyone with the details! Thanks again chaps.
Fri 17/12/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Selected"
sounds like that's the problem - the game ran fine for me.
Fri 17/12/04 at 18:48
Regular
I've never had any problems with glitchy framerates on Ninja Gaide. It's one of the few games on Xbox that looks amazing and run consistantly all the time.

My guess is it's ya modded 'Box.
Fri 17/12/04 at 18:43
"I love yo... lamp."
It might be the reason why. It seems to run fine for everyone else, they wouldn't have released it if it wasn't working right.

Considered looking at the screen aspect ratios in the dashboard, if you still have one? I don't know why it would cause problems but perhaps if it is set at widescreen or something it could interfere.

Last thought is that there was a big patch/content thing for Ninja Gaiden on Live that made it run faster and added a time trial mode or something. In the unlikely event you have that then get it.
Fri 17/12/04 at 16:40
Regular
So not one single person on this forum owns Ninja Gaiden and can tell me if the game consistently runs silky smooth or if it occasionally goes a bit choppy when the screen is scrolling???????

(Guess i should've posted about Halo 2 or some equally boring thread thats been done to death a million times. Cheers for your help everyone!)
Thu 16/12/04 at 18:02
Regular
Does anyone else find the scrolling on Ninja Gaiden can get a bit choppy at times? All the reviews i've read mention it runs silky smooth yet mine occasionally struggles a bit and always in the same places. I'm using an RGB scart lead and running at 60hz and my Xbox has been chipped i.e emulators, dvd region free etc. Could this be why it does it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.