GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"P4 Extreme Edition: Pros, Cons?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/12/04 at 14:41
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I'm not sure really, should I go for one? I've heard a lot of bad press concerning Prescotts, and that Northwoods are miles better, but what about the Extreme Edtition? Do they overheat like the Prescotts, or are they brilliant processors apart from the price tag?

I think there are only two versions of the Extreme Edition out there, the 3.2GHz 1MB and 3.4GHz 2MB, and I would just like to hear the pros and cons for them.
Mon 13/12/04 at 15:56
"I love yo... lamp."
They are just Northwood cores with extra cache. Performance is better than a standard Northwood, but not twice as good, unlike the price tag.

They don't really have any overheating issues, they will run a bit warmer than a standard Northwood, but then it is only enthusiasts who buy them. The sort of folk who would have water cooling etc and be overclocking.

There is no sane reason to own one. It is overkill for office work, the same cost as a dual Xeon system and they get outperformed in games by cheaper Athlon 64s.

The 2 MB cache, 3.4 GHz version will be faster and more powerful than the 1 MB cache 3.2 GHz version.
Mon 13/12/04 at 15:52
Regular
"NULL"
How about cost? They're very expensive.
Mon 13/12/04 at 14:41
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hi,

I'm not sure really, should I go for one? I've heard a lot of bad press concerning Prescotts, and that Northwoods are miles better, but what about the Extreme Edtition? Do they overheat like the Prescotts, or are they brilliant processors apart from the price tag?

I think there are only two versions of the Extreme Edition out there, the 3.2GHz 1MB and 3.4GHz 2MB, and I would just like to hear the pros and cons for them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.