GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Seagate 40GB Hard Drive"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/05/01 at 11:30
Regular
Can anyone confirm the price of the 40GB Seagate Hard Drive? It says £99.99, but it also says it's 20GB unformatted. Does the capacity change after you format the drive, or is this just a mistake?
Fri 08/06/01 at 15:26
Regular
Some pieces of hardware come with manufacturers warranties, and this may be the case with your hard-drive. If you bought it OEM, it more than likely doesn't have a manufacturers warranty and then the reseller is responsible for returns/repairs etc, easiet thing to do os to phone Seagate and ask them, I used to work in a computer shop and that is the way it works.
Mon 04/06/01 at 12:52
"High polygon count"
hockey shooter wrote:
> I *think* that *legally* the dealer is responsible - your
> contract of sale was with them and not with the manufacturer.

That's pretty much what I thought. Maybe I should look into it a bit further.
Mon 04/06/01 at 11:44
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I'm in the process of returning a
> 30Gb Seagate drive to Holland in order to get a
> replacement; the place I bought it from says that
> I need to deal with Seagate direct!

I *think* that *legally* the dealer is responsible - your contract of sale was with them and not with the manufacturer. I had repeated problems with an internal 1Gb Iomega Jaz drive. The dealer wanted me to deal with Iomega direct in Eire, which I wasn't prepared to do. I ended up sending letters to the managing director of the supplier (a big, well known UK company) and finally they sent me a replacement.

Chris.
Mon 04/06/01 at 11:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Shops always screw you over when it comes to returning goods. Take Time for instance. I saw many a case when the customer bought the PC back to the shop only to be told they have to pay for it to be sent to the Time depot. That was one sh1tty computer shop. It was too expensive and had no customer, er, goodness. Yes, that'll do.
Wed 30/05/01 at 22:49
"High polygon count"
That'll be a mistake, I reckon.

I'm in the process of returning a 30Gb Seagate drive to Holland in order to get a replacement; the place I bought it from says that I need to deal with Seagate direct!

Can anyone at SR tell me... if I buy a MAXX PC with an extra 40Gb drive, and it fails in the warranty period, do I have to return it to you, or Seagate in Holland?!
Mon 14/05/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Can anyone confirm the price of the 40GB Seagate Hard Drive? It says £99.99, but it also says it's 20GB unformatted. Does the capacity change after you format the drive, or is this just a mistake?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.