GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Day After Tomorrow - A Review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/12/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
“Hey Dennis Quaid, leap across this ravine and barely make it. This is in no way setting up a scene later in the movie”
“Ok! Phew, nearly died there. Boy I hope I get to repay this debt in a duplicate scene later on!”
”Ssshhh, get back inside Martin Short, Tiny Dennis”
“Hey Bilbo, these storms look odd. Should we report them to various agencies that monitor storms?”
”No gor blimey, I’m watching the football match on the tele. Apples and Pears”
“What about Tiny Dennis Quaid? He’ll know about it”
”Chim-chimminy Cheroo”
“Hey Donnie Darko, you’re edgy and troubled”
”It’s my dad, Tiny Dennis Quaid. He always lets me down and is never there for me. I don’t like him and can never depend on him or his meteorological advice.”
”That sucks. I want to do sex to you Donnie Darko, but I need to wait for a life-threatening moment to declare my obvious feelings for me”
”Frank?”
“No, that’s a nice clean hobo with a dog. What’s that he’s saying?”
”I’m a non-psycho hobo, man we humans are polluting the environment with our cars and non-recyclable ways. I hope we don’t pay the ultimate price for our wasteful lifestyles. Hey dog, don’t we humans ruin this planet with our selfish lifestyles and attitudes towards the very air that we breathe? I’m in no way spouting clumsy rhetoric designed to appeal towards the new-age caring mentality”
“Tiny Dennis Quaid, I’m your soon-to-be ex wife who doesn’t love you still and is certainly not waiting for a tearful reunion in the 3rd act when I realise that your dedication to your work, instead of driving us apart, in fact saves us.”
“I must warn the President about rapidly something weather that I don’t understand”

“Mr President, we are in danger from danger”
”Be quiet Tiny Dennis Quaid. I appreciate you are an expert in your field, but I refuse to listen to you until it’s too late”
”But the danger!”
”No, I don’t believe your rogue science ways. Now I shall continue to be vaguely mean and stuff”
“Curses. Well I’ll go make up with my son”
“No Tiny Dennis, I hate you. You’re never there and neglectful. Oooh, an aeroplane engine in my bed! That’s strange huh?”
”But I love you Donnie Darko”
”No Tiny Dennis, I’ll wait until later before believing you”
”You are in danger Donnie Darko, from danger weather”
”No, you’re being lying again”

“Hey Donnie, it’s raining, what shall we do?”
”My dad, that I don’t like and don’t believe, says we should stay in this library and wait for him. Boy that’s ironic huh, seeing as I’ve complained about waiting for him in the past yet been let down by him”
”There’s that hobo again”
”Oh wasteful humans, we must change our ways and live in harmony before…too late! Too late! Here comes the bit in the trailer that is the only reason to rent this movie”
“Mr President, weather is killing everybody”
”Curse that weather-expert, why didn’t we listen to him?”
“Because we would’ve avoided this?”
”Curse Tiny Dennis Quaid! Curse him and his pout-trout ex wife that Gladiator stole”

Your reviewer skipped the DVD to the final chapters because he was angry at the stupidity of this movie.

“Well my fellow Americans, as your President, I wish to thank the people of Mexico for taking us in. As a measure of gratitude, we have cancelled the debt owed to us by Mexico. This is ignoring the fact that they have a national debt purely and solely because of American attitudes and the NAFTA trade agreement that cripples their low paid farming and limits the amount they can export, capping received payment and keeping them reliant on US “bail-outs” that amount to basically bribes to a corrupt US-led government. But hey, this is a movie!.
Also, we would like to thank those that we formerly called 3rd world countries, for taking in Americans and being nice to them. As a result, we shall stop funding murderous regimes and planning coup d’etats and installing puppet dictatorships so that we may exploit under the guise of “free trade”. And I would also like to mention the Kyoto agreement, that the USA has repeatedly refused to sign which would limit the amount of harmful gases pumped into the atmosphere by the largest single user of petroleum and fossil-based fuels. God Bless America!!”
Tue 14/12/04 at 15:50
Regular
"not dead"
Dennis Quaid only did this movie to 'prove' he wasn't gay after 'Far From Heaven'. He's had to try to be an action hero again.

I don't know who he's trying to kid though. Didn't he spend the whole of 'Inner-Space' inside a bloke?
Mon 13/12/04 at 23:23
Regular
I despised this film with an enthusiasm. The way in which British people were sterotypically portrayed, the god-awful character development/script, and the way in that the special effects all happened near the beginning, and the cack-handed backstory was meant to keep us "entertained" for the remaining hour-and-something. Truly awful. Deep Impact had a far better idea of what makes a disaster film, on a considerably lower budget.

The worst line of this film for me, was when Donnie Darko was up to his neck in water, and said to his dad on the phone "What should I do?". Well, getting out of the water would be a good start.
Mon 13/12/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
I have to admit, I quite liked this movie during the typical tidal wave and big freeze scenes but before that i got so bored ,I nearly fell asleep, and after I was expecting a brilliant ending but no... they decided to leave on a far-fetched satalite view of the earth! *sigh*
Mon 13/12/04 at 18:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
"I am definitely not modelled on Dick Cheney, and am very mean."

What's the deal with Tiny Dennis walking across two states on foot only to get there and go "found you!"? Wow, you sure saved him Quaaaid. You couldn't have just told the authorities that there were people trapped in the library instead of going yourself? On foot?

Asshat.
Mon 13/12/04 at 18:01
"possibly impossible"
heh. Oh dear, Goatys going to win another GAD*

For some reason I did receive some joy from watching this film (luckily I borrowed it, rather than buying it, which is always a good start). Perhaps it was all the stupid Americans dying in horrible ways, but it was a bit weird how the Vice President, who was set up to be despised by the audience, was then made president and therefore supposed to be loved by everyone without making a single redeeming act.

After all, in real-life you wouldn't suddenly like a nasty, thoughtless man just because he became your president, would you?....

*not that he wrote this to win one, you understand. It's not like him. Not at all
Mon 13/12/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Touched!"
I got this along with Troy as part of WH Smiths buy two save £5 offer, wish I had got something else, It was pretty pants. I was watching it thinking "oh ok then" it just didn't grip or excite me one bit.
Mon 13/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Well, everyone dies but i'm talking about the main characters.
Mon 13/12/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Strid wrote:
> You only see ONE person die in the whole film = poop.

Erm, no you don't, fool.

-"Dennis Quaid"'s Friend
-Helicopter Crew
-People drowned by the tidal wave

Just to name a few...
Mon 13/12/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
You only see ONE person die in the whole film = poop.
Mon 13/12/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
:^D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.