GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Command & Conqer 3 - Tiberium Wars"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars'.
Sat 25/11/06 at 19:34
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Hey all. What do ya think Command & Conqer 3 - Tiberium Wars i gonna be like. Personally, i never thought much of the 'Tiberium Sun' part of the C&C franchise. It just seemed too farfetched and silly. Could this be the only good one of 'tiberium sun' franchise or is it gonna be another same old tiberum sun with all the same stuff. The video makes it look pretty good but that's its job, to get ppl to buy it. It reminded me of Mechwarrior + Halo games, probly cause of the flying men in machines. I still think though that it will never do as well as the normal Command and conquer + generals.

http://www.ea.com/commandandconquer/
Wed 16/07/08 at 18:29
Regular
everything got weird in c&c tiberium wars(sun) but its still kinda fun i think generals and the red alerts are better.o and also renegade is pretty cool.
Tue 19/12/06 at 15:31
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
lmao, oh dear me. Now that would be a game! Some one go copyright that idea and start creating a conga military game!
Mon 18/12/06 at 13:06
"possibly impossible"
Did anyone else read that title as Command and Conga? I Just imagined a load of military types in a long line, dancing.

Dodo dodo dodo DO...
Sun 17/12/06 at 22:42
Regular
The trouble is, the original developers, Westwood Studios, were made no more by Electronic Arts.

I'm not sure if any of the original developers are working on it, but its great they've brought back Kane, and the in-between cut-scenes that were missing in Generals.

Just as a correction, there are 3 series of Command & Conquer.

The original consisting of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (though is just known as Commant & Conquer), C&C Tiberian Sun and now Command & Conquer Tiberian Wars.

The second is the alternate universe where hitler was removed, Red Alert. Followed by Red Alert 2.

And there's Generals.

The original series has always followed the Tiberian storyline, and Tiberian played a large part in the original story. After all, Kane's fight for power was over Tiberian.

Admittedly, Tiberian Sun was a bit of a let down, and I have always preferred the Red Alert series (and was suprised to see Kane appear at the end of the first Red Alert game...)

The fact a third faction is involved does concern me...they've gone all Starship Troopers bringing in giant alien bugs to battle against. Not my cup of tea but I'm willing to give it a try...
Sun 17/12/06 at 17:34
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Not been able to watch that video, but aren't they bringing back Kane for this one? He was a leg-end from the original series. I personally am really looking forward to this, got all the series from the start and love them.

I wasn't overly keen on the Tiberium Sun game, due to the yellow walking toilet cubicles equipped with machine guns (which were quite useless and looked daft). If I want a walking cubicle, it could at least come fully equipped with some bog roll instead.

Whatever the game is like, I'll certainly go out and buy it, they have had enough time and experience building these games, so no real reason why this can't be really good.

Here's hoping for another good follow up!
Sat 25/11/06 at 19:34
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Hey all. What do ya think Command & Conqer 3 - Tiberium Wars i gonna be like. Personally, i never thought much of the 'Tiberium Sun' part of the C&C franchise. It just seemed too farfetched and silly. Could this be the only good one of 'tiberium sun' franchise or is it gonna be another same old tiberum sun with all the same stuff. The video makes it look pretty good but that's its job, to get ppl to buy it. It reminded me of Mechwarrior + Halo games, probly cause of the flying men in machines. I still think though that it will never do as well as the normal Command and conquer + generals.

http://www.ea.com/commandandconquer/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.