GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IP address"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Cosmic..."
Is there any way of checking your IP address withouts downloading anything? Just curious.
Mon 13/12/04 at 11:51
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Start -Control panel -Network connections -right click servie -tcpip
> -advanced.
>
> If you've got a static IP address (unlikely), it'll be there. I can
> almost guarantee it'll be server assigned though, like Mis says.

Aliboy's method is better, although even that won't work if you don't have an external ip address (i.e. you're on a subnet away from the internet, and use a router to access it).
Mon 13/12/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Start -> settings -> Control panel -> Network connections -> right click service -> properties -> tcpip -> advanced.

If you've got a static IP address (unlikely), it'll be there. I can almost guarantee it'll be server assigned though, like Mis says.
Mon 13/12/04 at 11:43
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Your ip address is assigned to you by your ISP when you connect to their service, and usually at given intervals after that. Most services assign addresses dynamically, which means you will often (but not always) get a different address each time you connect. I say not always because a lot of ISPs assign ip addresses by region, so that an address of aa.bb.cc.* might always be assigned to someone in your area.
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
I thought the same.

But yeah. It'd be nice.
Sat 11/12/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Master Chef - halo"
Errr... I don't think it changes everytime you connect as you can get broadand versions.

It must change on other basis than that.
Sat 11/12/04 at 00:26
Regular
"NULL"
Depends on your ISP. Some give you a dynamic IP address (i.e. different every time you connect), and some give you a static IP address (i.e. same every time you connect).
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
Is there a way to have a varying IP?
Fri 10/12/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Open a dos windown

Start > run and type cmd

then type ipconfig.
Should show your ip address and a few other details
Fri 10/12/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Cosmic..."
Is it stored on a file in your computer itself?
Fri 10/12/04 at 20:53
Regular
whatismyip.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.