GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What to get.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 17:52
Regular
"cachoo"
Yep.. another Christmassy topic.. mm Topic..

Damnit, Christmas is so frustrating!

Anyhoo..

I'm having some troubles thinking about what to buy for the male species at the moment. All that comes to mind is: Smellies, chocolates and sex toys, but I couldn't really give the sex toys to a 6-year old, or my dad. That's just rude.

So. I need your help. Yes, YOU!

Imagine:

You're 6-years old. But you can have todays toys instead of what we had when we were really that age. What do you want? And it has to be cheaper than £20 per toy.

You're 30-something. Love PS2 games, DVDs, PC stuff. What do you want? Which games do you really want? Or even recommendations will help.

It will help!

Also, anyone played Need For Speed Underground? If so, please tell me it's brilliant and really mean it. ;-)
Sun 12/12/04 at 00:24
Regular
Need For Speed is good, it's only the "hardcore 1337" that think it's rubbish, because it's made by EA and has customizable cars in it.

Still, Need For Speed: Road Challenge is still the greatest racing game of all time.
Sun 12/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Can I have you for Christmas Ms NY?

Man, I'm smooth.
Sat 11/12/04 at 23:54
Regular
"cachoo"
Thankee!

Already bought NFSU 2 now, so if it sucks I'll take it back. Could always try it myself seeing as it wasn't sealed.. :-/ If so, then Black Monday and/or the new-ish Burnout.

Spy toys! Great idea! I bet they're real fun to play with! ;)
Sat 11/12/04 at 12:25
Regular
Family Guy Boxset or Futurama Boxset for the 30yr Old.
You can get some fun 'scientific' toys from Argos for about £20. 6yr olds go through a stage of wanting to be a spy or something they sell stuff like that at SR and at Argos/Woolworths.
Good Luck!
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:19
"period drama"
See what I mean?
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Bicycle"
Get a blimp. A silver one.

Like the one on the "Green Wing".

(Wish someone would buy me that for christmas...)
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:15
"period drama"
Look for some shiny but ultimately useless plastic gadgets.
Men love those things.

Make sure it can go either on a key-ring or a belt and has a flashy light on it as well.
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:15
Regular
"Catch it!"
Need for speed underground is wicked. For the 30 year old get him The getaway black monday or grand theft auto san andreas. For the six year old get them cool mini mot controlled cars they are very cool and he will probaly like it.
Fri 10/12/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Get tickets to a concert at tickermaster.co.uk

And for the 30 year old? I don't know. ;)
Fri 10/12/04 at 22:58
Regular
"We are the dead"
NFSU2 is actually pretty good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.