GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War of the Worlds teaser trailer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 15:03
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/[/URL]

Personally, I think this is looking pretty darn fantastic, reckon it could see Spielberg back on top of the pile where he belongs. Despite having Tom Cruise in it, he's being directed by one of the best directors out there, and I rather enjoyed Minority Report, so it bodes quite well. And it's got the incredible little girl from Man on Fire in it too.

It's a teaser trailer so don't expect too much, but from what I've seen so far it looks like Independence Day only not for spakkers. Hot damn, cinema is getting good next year. Batman Begins? Star Wars Episode III? Fantastic Four? And now this?
Fri 10/12/04 at 15:03
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
[URL]http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/[/URL]

Personally, I think this is looking pretty darn fantastic, reckon it could see Spielberg back on top of the pile where he belongs. Despite having Tom Cruise in it, he's being directed by one of the best directors out there, and I rather enjoyed Minority Report, so it bodes quite well. And it's got the incredible little girl from Man on Fire in it too.

It's a teaser trailer so don't expect too much, but from what I've seen so far it looks like Independence Day only not for spakkers. Hot damn, cinema is getting good next year. Batman Begins? Star Wars Episode III? Fantastic Four? And now this?
Fri 10/12/04 at 15:10
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mentioned it in my "couple a trailers post". Looks cool.

I'm not a big fan of the 50's (60's?) version to be honest, and I can give or take the compound eye. I just hope: -

1) The aliens don't look like Et's retarded cousin from Alabama
2) Tripods
3) It's got more spectacle than ID4
3) Tripods
4) Heat ray remains and is used frequently abnd liberally to hose down yanks
4) Did I mention I want to see tripods?

I love the book, ending chapter pacing nonewithstanding and at first I spat teeth at the news of this remake. I'd still love to see a verion set in Victorian England, but with the clever (and obvious) way the martians (hate that word) take down the human defenses, I'm reluctantly starting to look forward to it. Speilberg? Cruise? What's happening to me?

No shmaltz though please Mr Speilberg. I want the Jaws Speilberg, not the The Terminal Speilberg. Doubt we'll get it though............
Fri 10/12/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> like Independence Day only not for spakkers.

There's the poster quote right there.
Fri 10/12/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I fear it will be Spielberg's usual tendency of a good 90mins spoilt by a saccharine ending, possibly involving learning life lessons through the innocence of a child.
I'm guessing it will feature absent father-figure issues, nazis and lots and lots of godlight.
And Tom Cruise saving the world by outrunning/leaping a fireball.
Holding children.
Fri 10/12/04 at 16:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> And Tom Cruise saving the world by outrunning/leaping a fireball.

Amen. This is 100 percent guaranteed.
Fri 10/12/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Are they doing this in the future or in the original 19th century or whenever the book was set
Fri 10/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pachanga wrote:
> Are they doing this in the future or in the original 19th century or
> whenever the book was set

Modern day.
Fri 10/12/04 at 16:28
Regular
"Royale with Cheese"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> No shmaltz though please Mr Speilberg. I want the Jaws Speilberg, not
> the The Terminal Speilberg. Doubt we'll get it though............

Did Spielberg direct The Terminal, wow that was a awful film
Fri 10/12/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Huh?

[URL]http://stuffo.howstuffworks.com/wotw-f1.htm[/URL]

Seems like a guy called Timothy Hines is doing a version of the story, and it's set in the 1900's. There's a still on the last page, and the guy looks to be in English military uniform.

Also of interest is: -

"Check back soon for parts two and three of this interview, where Hines discusses the making of "The War of the Worlds" and his take on the Steven Spielberg production of the same story."

Oh, there's a major spolier on the second page. It was Hines modern day explanation of how the martians knock out earths defenses, but it's identical to the Keopp version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.