GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ulysses 31"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/04 at 02:36
Regular
"Captain to you."
All the lucky people who where born in the great year of 1982 and therefor were the perfect age for ulysses 31 when it was shown at 6am in the morning on sundays. Hopefully all remember it for how great it was. Way up there with Mysterious Cities of Gold for it's great music and fantastic story.

myself and one of my friends spent alot of a summer watching these two great series all the way through. it was beautiful ulysses flying through space and Esteban looking for the cities of gold.

ulysses has a remarkable simularity to jesus. long hair, beard.

www.idi.ntnu.no/~torgerk/ulysses31/multimedia/ulysses3.jpg

Therefore is refurred to as 'Jesus in space - with a laser sword gun' by alot of people at my uni who where the lucky ones to have experienced these as children and now love watching them again. It's a strange feeling when you remember something being so good and you don't really expect it to be as good still but when you see it, it beats all your expectations and turns out to be some of the best tv you'll ever see again.

i guess i am hoping from this thread people will go 'I remember that' and then go out in search of it and enjoy it again as much as i did.
Fri 10/12/04 at 18:19
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah it's based on Homer's 'The Odyssey' thats why it's called ulysses :D He just has a simularity to jesus not that he is jesus :P
Fri 10/12/04 at 09:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
What's happening with this thread? It keeps vanishing!

Anyhoo, the programme is a version of Homer's 'The Odyssey'.

I'm still drunk after a works night out............
Fri 10/12/04 at 09:14
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
If anyone’s interested ulysses 31 is currently being shown on Fox Kids every weekday at 10:30pm just after MASK.
Fri 10/12/04 at 09:07
Regular
"you've got a beard"
chippxero wrote:

> ulysses has a remarkable simularity to jesus. long hair,
> beard.

... prove it :P

but yeah, it was an ace show! the same studio produced an animated feature called "Inter-stellar 555" as well, for which Daft Punk did the score, which is why a few of their videos a coupla years back looked liked Ulysses.. guess where they came from? :)

and cites of gold was pure dynamite.
Fri 10/12/04 at 07:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Jesus? It's all based on Greek mythology.
Fri 10/12/04 at 02:36
Regular
"Captain to you."
All the lucky people who where born in the great year of 1982 and therefor were the perfect age for ulysses 31 when it was shown at 6am in the morning on sundays. Hopefully all remember it for how great it was. Way up there with Mysterious Cities of Gold for it's great music and fantastic story.

myself and one of my friends spent alot of a summer watching these two great series all the way through. it was beautiful ulysses flying through space and Esteban looking for the cities of gold.

ulysses has a remarkable simularity to jesus. long hair, beard.

www.idi.ntnu.no/~torgerk/ulysses31/multimedia/ulysses3.jpg

Therefore is refurred to as 'Jesus in space - with a laser sword gun' by alot of people at my uni who where the lucky ones to have experienced these as children and now love watching them again. It's a strange feeling when you remember something being so good and you don't really expect it to be as good still but when you see it, it beats all your expectations and turns out to be some of the best tv you'll ever see again.

i guess i am hoping from this thread people will go 'I remember that' and then go out in search of it and enjoy it again as much as i did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.