GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Futurama or The Simpsons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/12/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I've asked my mum to get me either a Futurama Season Box Set or The Simpsons one but I dont know which one I want the most. I've started to watch Futurama more than The Simpsons now because The Simpsons seems to be dragging along and I feel like i'm wasting my time when I watch an episode for the 238211894th time.

I've only watched a handful of Futurama episodes so i'm leaning more towards that but I dont think Futurama is funnier than The Simpsons and I dont seem to understand the characters as much as I do in The Simpsons, the only names I know are Fry, Sheala and Bender.

Virgin Megastores are doing a Buy One Get One Free offer on Familty Guy, The Simpsons and Futurama DVD BOx Sets so I could get one of each.

Can you tell me whether I should get two Futurama DVDs, 2 Simpsons DVDs or one of each and can you tell me the best seasons to get.

Thank you!
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I've asked my mum to get me either a Futurama Season Box Set or The Simpsons one but I dont know which one I want the most. I've started to watch Futurama more than The Simpsons now because The Simpsons seems to be dragging along and I feel like i'm wasting my time when I watch an episode for the 238211894th time.

I've only watched a handful of Futurama episodes so i'm leaning more towards that but I dont think Futurama is funnier than The Simpsons and I dont seem to understand the characters as much as I do in The Simpsons, the only names I know are Fry, Sheala and Bender.

Virgin Megastores are doing a Buy One Get One Free offer on Familty Guy, The Simpsons and Futurama DVD BOx Sets so I could get one of each.

Can you tell me whether I should get two Futurama DVDs, 2 Simpsons DVDs or one of each and can you tell me the best seasons to get.

Thank you!
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:33
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
SHEALA?!!!!!!!!!!

LEILA!!!!!!!!!!!

And Futurama times 2. Oh yuss.

Whichever series has the most ZB episodes.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
What I would do, is consider the running time on each, and whether the extras (like commentaries) I would find most interesting. Depends what Simpsons series really. But still you cant go wrong with 2 Futurama, we have all of them and enjoy them muchly. We've yet to buy a Simpson series.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:48
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Hehe, I got the names mixed up, it was Leila I was talking about.

Sounds like Futurama is the winner so far, though I want to hear more opinions.

Do you think Futurama will ever replace The Simpsons? Do you think thats what they're trying to do?
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Xzibit wrote:
> Do you think Futurama will ever replace The Simpsons? Do you think
> thats what they're trying to do?

Seems as they've stopped making it, no.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:54
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
They've stopped making Futurama?
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:55
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
They've stopped making Futurama?
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:56
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Xzibit wrote:
> They've stopped making Futurama?

Yes
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:56
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Xzibit wrote:
> They've stopped making Futurama?

In those 60 seconds, magically, my answer is still yes.
Thu 09/12/04 at 18:01
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Ah well, I haven't even watched a whole season's worth of the episodes so theres still much more for me to watch.

BTW, are you a regular poster who has recently changed his/her name?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.