GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boot from CD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
Hey,
I have a laptop and I would like to get it to boot from CD. When I go into the bios its says that there is no CD-Rom Drive therefore not allowing me to set it as a boot option. Do you know of anyway i could boot from CD?
Thanks,
James
Sun 12/12/04 at 12:11
Regular
I didn't buy it from T___ I bought it off eBay, so I dont have a manual.
Despite it being Time it actually isnt a bad laptop, does what I need it to most of the time and its mine, I can do what I want to it. I only really use it for programming apps.
Sun 12/12/04 at 11:46
Regular
"Captain to you."
My toshiba laptop has a little start up screen where the info about cpu and ram would be on start up it just says press F5. You had a look through your manual? Or e-mail T--- (hahahaha) and ask them.
Sun 12/12/04 at 11:39
Regular
Ohhh, im gonna try that out.
Very helpful.
Thankyou.

P.S I am not going to tell you the make of my laptop, it is too embarrassing, heres a hint:
A clock is used to find out the T___

:D
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:57
Regular
"Freeola Support"
What type of laptop is it?
Its normally not straight forward although Google Answers has said this [URL]http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=23249[/URL]
This may be also useful [URL]http://www.expnet.com/know.nsf/0/721b2f5376551f368525680b005292b8?OpenDocument[/URL] or [URL]http://www.computing.net/dos/wwwboard/forum/14331.html[/URL]
Fri 10/12/04 at 17:23
Regular
I can't borrow an external CD-Rom unfortunately. I think that my laptop is thinking it has an external CD-Rom when it is internal. Its not something that I find frustrating because I can easily format and re-install my OS easily enough different ways, its just that I have found a recovery CD that has ME and about £200 worth of decent software on and I was thinking of upgrading to XP after a full recovery. I'll have a tinker with the BIOS later, but its not too important, just something that bugs me from time to time.
Thu 09/12/04 at 13:48
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I remember the vicious circle of trying to install windows from an external CD drive, it would start installing, request a mid install restart, then loose the external drive drivers and crash. Many hours of config.sys and autoexec.bat editing sorted it eventually. That was a while a go though.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
On a laptop? phoo, good luck.

The problems I had was that a PCMCIA interface wouldn't be recognised in DOS. Hours of frustraty fun.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:22
Borrow or use an external CD drive, and select the external drive option (or similar) from the BIOS.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I had this problem and my girlfriend's Dad sorted it. He's at a funeral today...hang on I'll give him a ring.
Thu 09/12/04 at 12:18
Regular
Hey,
I have a laptop and I would like to get it to boot from CD. When I go into the bios its says that there is no CD-Rom Drive therefore not allowing me to set it as a boot option. Do you know of anyway i could boot from CD?
Thanks,
James

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.