GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do people watch TV?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/12/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Seriously. It's mostly a wall of loud, obnoxious, mouth-breathing crap. The nearest sound to hell is the Will & Grace theme tune. Especially now at 9 in the morning, that piano really drills right into my skull. The show isn't any better - they're gay, that's it. Friends for bummers, and even more annoying. "Do you want the TV left on?", she says, "What do you think?", is my response. It really winds me up in the mornings, moreso today because I only had about 5 hours sleep and have a metric tonne of work to do. Waking up to Lorraine Kelly's screeching hag(gis) of a face doesn't help my bear-with-sore-head mood.

EDIT:

Let me clear that up a bit: why do people watch TV that isn't interesting or entertaining? All those filler shows that people just sit and stare at vacantly, mouths open, doing nothing but exist as an estimated viewing figure for half an hour, before another cup of tea.
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Bicycle"
True.

But why are you watching Will and Grace in the morning? If you don't like it, don't watch it!

I watch it for the small genius pool; Undergrads (9:00pm on Trouble), the occasional episode of "That 70s Show".

And sport. Gotta love sport.

And ocasionally MTV2 or Kerrang...
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:50
Regular
"0228"
My Tv is on right at this moment, to be honest it's rarely off even if I'm not watching it. I just like to have some noise in my room when I'm doing other things like sitting here or doing homework. It's just an alternative to listening to music.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Puddleface wrote:
> actually reading this makes me realise, why the hell do I bother with
> this chat-site. I dont mean that in a personal way, but why am i
> wasting time writing this crap?

Good point.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I like watching:

Simpsons/Futurama etc
History/Discovery Channels
MTV2/Q (though not so much now)
News
Documentary/Intertesting stuff... which is usually on BBC2 or Channel 4.

And the occasional crap. Oh, and I like watching old comedy stuff on UK Gold sometimes if it's Blackadder/Red Dwarf etc
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:40
I haven't watched TV for 3 months now. Oh, the treasures I must have missed.
Thu 09/12/04 at 16:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My dad watches GMTV because he actually enjoys shouting at it.

" Look at this rubbish "

" Change it to BBC 1 then "

" ... "

" Ah, what are they talking about now "

" Get out my way I've got three minutes to have some breakfast "
Thu 09/12/04 at 14:22
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
actually reading this makes me realise, why the hell do I bother with this chat-site. I dont mean that in a personal way, but why am i wasting time writing this crap?
Thu 09/12/04 at 14:20
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i do agree though tv is a load of mindless crap, its a lot of rubbish about people with problems. We watch it to reassure ourselves that we dont have problems when infact we blatantly do. Us as a society watch it to put our worries onto something else cos everybody is in denial in some way or other.
Thu 09/12/04 at 14:14
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
why do people ask questions like this?
Thu 09/12/04 at 09:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Apart from the news, I don't.

[edit] For exactly the reasons you list.

[edit2] Unless there is something that might be interesting and informative on. "Crazy rulers of the world" has been very good :)

"Whose Hom-o!". *shudder*........

[edit3] It really annoys the girlfriens that I vanish upstairs to use the computer.

"Why are you on that all the time?"
"Because I can't stand soap operas."
"Well, I only watch them because there's nothing else on and I don't have a book to read"
"Ahhh, but you see, if I had to watch them, I'd end up smashing the place up in a poorly contained whirlwind of fury and contempt"
"Ahhh, I see. Off you go then."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.