GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Restarting probs.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/12/04 at 23:07
Regular
"cachoo"
Just a little annoying problem!

Since buying this horsepoop computer, it's been a pain.
I have no idea at all what it is, guessing it's something to do with the motherboard, though. (?!) Mainly because this problem started immediately.

Everytime a song finishes playing, the computer restarts itself. It doesn't matter what player it's in, it does it in most of them: Winamp, Windows Media Player, even the plug-in player in Mozilla! :(
If it's not a song, then it's when a big program is open; Photoshop. Usually after I close it after having it open for a while.

Those are the only 2 things that have been open/closed when the computer has restarted itself.
After it's done restarting, the usual happens: history gets cleared from IE/Mozilla, etcetc. I'm guessing that's normal, though.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thankee :-)
Thu 09/12/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Back For Good"
could be virus related, type "stinger" into google/yahoo and download a free program to get rid of the most common viruses.

Something else to look at is the event viewer, right click my computer and go to manage, from there go to the event viewer, probably application related with a nice red X next to it. see what that brings up :-)
Thu 09/12/04 at 17:16
Regular
"Bicycle"
Try running some more Anti-Viruses, even Hi-Jack-This might help...

[URL]WWW.COMPUTERCOPS.BIZ[/URL] - it's a damn decent forum for odd problems, like yours...
Thu 09/12/04 at 08:24
"I love yo... lamp."
Does it just restart itself, or does it blue screen then restart?

Also you could tell us about the computer specifications could help. What version of Windows?
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:37
Regular
"cachoo"
Hm, I did that a while ago when it was happening and it still did it.

As far as I know, it's only Photoshop and any music player.
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Well try reinstalling your operating system to delete the possibility of it being a fault on any software you have installed. Is it crashing on any other things that will use the computers processor or graphics card a lot?
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:07
Regular
"cachoo"
Just a little annoying problem!

Since buying this horsepoop computer, it's been a pain.
I have no idea at all what it is, guessing it's something to do with the motherboard, though. (?!) Mainly because this problem started immediately.

Everytime a song finishes playing, the computer restarts itself. It doesn't matter what player it's in, it does it in most of them: Winamp, Windows Media Player, even the plug-in player in Mozilla! :(
If it's not a song, then it's when a big program is open; Photoshop. Usually after I close it after having it open for a while.

Those are the only 2 things that have been open/closed when the computer has restarted itself.
After it's done restarting, the usual happens: history gets cleared from IE/Mozilla, etcetc. I'm guessing that's normal, though.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thankee :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.