GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Best Team in the World Ever!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/05/01 at 19:25
Regular
I think the best team in the world ever was the AC Milan Side between 1988-94.
Berlusconi the Chairman, provided the money and the men for a new era of success at the San Siro.

Arrigo Saachi’s positive values were suited to the talents of Ruud Gullit and Marco Van Basten, while defenders Franco Baresi, Filippo Galli, Paolo Maldini and Mauro Tassotti simply flourished under his unique brand of leadership.

Together they captured the club’s 11th League title in 1988. It became transparent that a new football force was emerging the day Milan went to champions Napoli.They never looked back.

The European Cup followed in 1989 after a 4-0 pasting of Steaua Bucharest in Barcelona - Ruud Gullit and Marco Van Basten the scorers – and again in 1990 when a Frank Rijkaard goal dashed Benfica hopes in Vienna.

Add back-to-back Toyota and European Super Cups and you begin to get the picture.

Even when Sacchi stepped aside to take the Italy job. New coach Fabio Capello led the club to four Scudetti in five years, overtaking Inter’s record in the process of 13 titles.

Under Capello, Milan offered more substance than style. Yet his team were good enough to reach three consecutive European Cup Finals. Sandwiched between defeats to Marseille and Ajax was possibly the most glorious night in Milan’s history: a 4-0 trouncing of favourites Barcelona in 1994.

Then there was the small matter of four Italian Super Cups and a European Super Cup.

That is why I believe this AC Milan side was and still is the best team in the world!

But if Macro Van Basten had not been forced to retire from football by injury i think that AC Milan would be the Best Team in the world today.

There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 13/05/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I think the best team in the world ever was the AC Milan Side between 1988-94.
Berlusconi the Chairman, provided the money and the men for a new era of success at the San Siro.

Arrigo Saachi’s positive values were suited to the talents of Ruud Gullit and Marco Van Basten, while defenders Franco Baresi, Filippo Galli, Paolo Maldini and Mauro Tassotti simply flourished under his unique brand of leadership.

Together they captured the club’s 11th League title in 1988. It became transparent that a new football force was emerging the day Milan went to champions Napoli.They never looked back.

The European Cup followed in 1989 after a 4-0 pasting of Steaua Bucharest in Barcelona - Ruud Gullit and Marco Van Basten the scorers – and again in 1990 when a Frank Rijkaard goal dashed Benfica hopes in Vienna.

Add back-to-back Toyota and European Super Cups and you begin to get the picture.

Even when Sacchi stepped aside to take the Italy job. New coach Fabio Capello led the club to four Scudetti in five years, overtaking Inter’s record in the process of 13 titles.

Under Capello, Milan offered more substance than style. Yet his team were good enough to reach three consecutive European Cup Finals. Sandwiched between defeats to Marseille and Ajax was possibly the most glorious night in Milan’s history: a 4-0 trouncing of favourites Barcelona in 1994.

Then there was the small matter of four Italian Super Cups and a European Super Cup.

That is why I believe this AC Milan side was and still is the best team in the world!

But if Macro Van Basten had not been forced to retire from football by injury i think that AC Milan would be the Best Team in the world today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.