GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ugly Design and Pricing Worries"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/05/01 at 18:10
Regular
The XBox seems to have the mosy ugly design and awkward controller I have ever seen! The console itself is chunky, and the controller looks like it will be a nightmare to hold. I am also worried about the price "To be Confirmed". Seeing as the PS2 is £300 and the XBox seems to be several times more powerful, I am worried that the pricing could end up similar to that of a small PC. Still, I'm waiting 'til it's out for my judgement - but I'm not paying loads of money for an ugly console, however powerful it is!
Tue 26/06/01 at 17:52
Christos said>
>It is the games that actually matter

You're wrong just look at the Dreamcast
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:22
sonic's right!

It is the games that actually matter but the lets say you have all consoles - An N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, XBox and GameCube - The X Box will take up the most space! You could fit two or three GameCubes in its place!
Sun 24/06/01 at 18:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Fuzzy bunny knows something I don't... have u actually seen that games on the Xbox? They have the sequal to MSR, Abe's Exodus, Malice, Halo (MS bought the company who makes it!) and many more.

Or do u just have a PS2 and feel bitter?

Sonic
Sun 17/06/01 at 16:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
Fuzzybunny wrote:
FACT: the xbox will have bettter
> graphics than the ps2 and ngc. FALSE: the xbox will have better
> games.

i think the x box has some pretty impressive games that will be coming out for...it really is too early to judge matey....
Sat 16/06/01 at 00:18
Ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly. That's what most people say about the xbox. "sure it's fast bob, but it looks like an argos fan heater" if you looked at argos sales figures for fan heaters im sure thed be very high. do we want a console looking like this. Do we want a console with a controller so uncomfy that you get rsi within a week of opening that 'yet to be confirmed color box'? I think not. The way microsoft (we shall call them evilsoft from here on) have forged pics and movies of games yes FORGED! The way they think they can win the next gen console race just by having bigger and brighter ads than sony and nintendo, (not brighter in nintendos case) it's just pure evilsoft. FACT: the xbox will have bettter graphics than the ps2 and ngc. FALSE: the xbox will have better games. The most hyped launch title, malice is just an old platformer in a new shiney skin. See the light people buy PS2 for all round and realistic gaming but NGC for classic nintendo style FUN. But if you want rsi and unoriginal games you could allways choose an Xbox.
Sun 13/05/01 at 18:10
Regular
The XBox seems to have the mosy ugly design and awkward controller I have ever seen! The console itself is chunky, and the controller looks like it will be a nightmare to hold. I am also worried about the price "To be Confirmed". Seeing as the PS2 is £300 and the XBox seems to be several times more powerful, I am worried that the pricing could end up similar to that of a small PC. Still, I'm waiting 'til it's out for my judgement - but I'm not paying loads of money for an ugly console, however powerful it is!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.