GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 3 impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater'.
Sun 19/12/04 at 00:24
Regular
Yeah, managed to sit through the 45 minute introduction, killed a crocodile with my knife, drowned in the swamp and killed two KGB agents on my play through earlier tonight.

Opening is awesome as I expected, why on earth Kojima doesn't tap the film market is beyond me, the direction of the movie sequences is quite unbelievable to be honest, the camera, the characters, the attitude; the whole lot is so bloody spot on.

Quite an interesting introduction, nice to see some real History in and amongst the mission. Not a lot of thought gone into changing Snake which is probably a lesson they learnt from Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, he looks like the Snake from the Big Shell and in fact I am pretty sure it is the same character model used for when the Chopper blows up the bridge on the Big Shell.

Anyway...

A bit more control over the camera this time, the controls are as friendly as ever, nice new approach to the codec’s where you can flick through character bios and rather than Snake facing forwards for some un-be-known reason it now leaves him sat where he enters the codec so you can see him at all times.

Killing the crocodile was funny as hell, just launched in on him with the combat knife, skipped the codec telling me I was about to die and went all Rambo until I skinned his c**t ass carcass.

Hand to Hand combat seems more fluent, the knife and gun combination works extremely well and just on the whole it seems like steps have been made to improve on how the game feels.

Looking forward to some through the night play on what looks to be shaping into quite an excellent game!
Sun 19/12/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'll get back to this eventually, i only play.....watched the first 2 hours of it then got distracted by Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne.
Sun 19/12/04 at 09:48
Regular
"\\"
I hope this comes out for the PS1... Well I'm not playing it otherwise, so i'll live in hope, just because the first two were completely class.

(I do realise that this will never happen :()
Sun 19/12/04 at 00:24
Regular
Yeah, managed to sit through the 45 minute introduction, killed a crocodile with my knife, drowned in the swamp and killed two KGB agents on my play through earlier tonight.

Opening is awesome as I expected, why on earth Kojima doesn't tap the film market is beyond me, the direction of the movie sequences is quite unbelievable to be honest, the camera, the characters, the attitude; the whole lot is so bloody spot on.

Quite an interesting introduction, nice to see some real History in and amongst the mission. Not a lot of thought gone into changing Snake which is probably a lesson they learnt from Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, he looks like the Snake from the Big Shell and in fact I am pretty sure it is the same character model used for when the Chopper blows up the bridge on the Big Shell.

Anyway...

A bit more control over the camera this time, the controls are as friendly as ever, nice new approach to the codec’s where you can flick through character bios and rather than Snake facing forwards for some un-be-known reason it now leaves him sat where he enters the codec so you can see him at all times.

Killing the crocodile was funny as hell, just launched in on him with the combat knife, skipped the codec telling me I was about to die and went all Rambo until I skinned his c**t ass carcass.

Hand to Hand combat seems more fluent, the knife and gun combination works extremely well and just on the whole it seems like steps have been made to improve on how the game feels.

Looking forward to some through the night play on what looks to be shaping into quite an excellent game!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.