GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question to anyone who played POP 2 on both GC and PS2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/12/04 at 13:58
Regular
"..."
Which is the better version ? Prince Of Persia Warrior Within on PS2 or GC ? And I don't mean which is the better looking one, I need a general prespective, that includes the controls, 60 HZ mode, widescreen option, and if any of them had a frame rate problem, which has a faster gameplay, and anything else that may be different in any of the 2 versions. Also, I have s-video cable for my PS2 and normal composite scart for GC, would that make any difference ?
Wed 08/12/04 at 14:14
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Personnaly I go for the Cambecube version. But then again I have always been loyal to the mighty Nintendo.
Wed 08/12/04 at 13:21
gerbil man wrote:
> lcarus wrote:
> Gah, IGN spouting the usual rubbish.
>
> So I take it opinions are bad in your world then.

So I take it opinions of opinions are bad in your world then.
Wed 08/12/04 at 13:09
Regular
"..."
I played POP on the Snes and Mega Drive. Not that that will be of any use to you whatsoever.
Tue 07/12/04 at 17:05
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Gah, IGN spouting the usual rubbish.

So I take it opinions are bad in your world then.
Tue 07/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
"..."
Well, gamespot also say that it's best on GC out of the 4 platforms, but I kind'a didn't trust them, I tried to see the ign comparison earlier , but it costs money, so thanks for mentioning what they said.
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:21
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I've not played either of the version but according to the IGN.com
> head to head,
>
> "The Recommendation: If you're a graphics addict go for the PC,
> but the Xbox provides the most complete package. The extra online
> modes add replay value.

Gah, IGN spouting the usual rubbish. Online modes? Complete a section in the fastest time possible, and an arena filled with enemies you have to kill. Done that? Well, now you have more enemies to kill. And so on until you get pi ssed and die intentionally.

And your reward for maintaining your level of boredom? High score on the Live List!!!!
Tue 07/12/04 at 14:05
Regular
I've not played either of the version but according to the IGN.com head to head, the Gamecubce version is the version to go for.

I stole this bit from their summing up...

"The Recommendation: If you're a graphics addict go for the PC, but the Xbox provides the most complete package. The extra online modes add replay value. And, on the home theater front, Dolby Digital sounds fantastic and widescreen progressive scan looks great.

Between GameCube and PlayStation 2, we'd recommend the GCN for its better framerate and smoother visuals. There's a small gap between the two, but the framerate troubles on PS2 are fairly frequent. "
Tue 07/12/04 at 13:58
Regular
"..."
Which is the better version ? Prince Of Persia Warrior Within on PS2 or GC ? And I don't mean which is the better looking one, I need a general prespective, that includes the controls, 60 HZ mode, widescreen option, and if any of them had a frame rate problem, which has a faster gameplay, and anything else that may be different in any of the 2 versions. Also, I have s-video cable for my PS2 and normal composite scart for GC, would that make any difference ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.