GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"coolest game bosses"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/05/01 at 14:08
Regular
most games have bosses and quite a few of them are actually very cool with the best weapons and usually 10 times as strong as you
my favourite bosses have to be Anubis (ZOE) he's indestructable (you can't in my knowledge actually defeat him) and has the ability to teleport, plus he looks really cool
and
the big arena ruler bolk who's name i can't spell or say in quake 3 revolution
Mon 14/05/01 at 09:02
Obviously Dr Ivo Robotnik, the way he little craft had all those attachments were just amazing. A lot of brain storming must of been required to think of all of them. Except for the very last fight were he always had something that little bit tougher.
The Ninja at the end of Streets of Rage 2 was also a good boss, especially of the hardest difficulty setting but the only problem with him is that once you know how he fights he is easy to defeat.
The Boss at the end of Silpheed for the Mega-CD, who is the only boss in a video game i have played and never been actually been able to defeat (apart from the Doom 2 boss as well)

Darkreaper
Mon 14/05/01 at 08:35
Regular
"not dead"
On the subject of Donkey Kong, King K Rool is a cool boss, especially in DK64. The whole boxing thing was great!

Bowser is cool, especially when you 'defeat' him at the end of a game on Mario Party 2.

The giant singing poo from CBFD.

The Terminator Haystack from CBFD.
Sun 13/05/01 at 15:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
Donkey Kong from the very first Donkey Kong game!!!
Always took Daisy away end of each level, it was impossible to complete that game was!!
Sun 13/05/01 at 15:13
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
The bosses in streets of rage were the best.
Sun 13/05/01 at 15:07
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think the bosses from DKR (N64) were friendly to you when you lost, How nice.

I think Dr Robotnik will be a cult classic though, whenever i think of videogame bosses i think of him, even though I hardly ever played a Sonic or owned a Sega console.
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
Gannondorf in Zelda:OOT
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Vulcan Raven from MGS, when he has that huge machine gun!!

Also, the boss at the end of Doom 2!! He is IMPOSSIBLE without the cheats.

But, my overall coolest/scariest boss, has to be:

The Madman from Wolfenstien: Episode 5. He is the boss of Episode 5.

This guy was very hard, and frightened me to death when I first saw him! He came out of nowhere! And his laugh was very scary as well.
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Dr. Robotnik, at the end of Sonic 2.

I concur.

Oh, his name is The Vadrigar, The Arena Master, The Supreme Being
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:18
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Dr. Robotnik, at the end of Sonic 2.
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
most games have bosses and quite a few of them are actually very cool with the best weapons and usually 10 times as strong as you
my favourite bosses have to be Anubis (ZOE) he's indestructable (you can't in my knowledge actually defeat him) and has the ability to teleport, plus he looks really cool
and
the big arena ruler bolk who's name i can't spell or say in quake 3 revolution

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.