GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"anime - favorite film"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/12/04 at 12:12
Regular
"Captain to you."
I have just finished watching Applespeed 2004 (the remake of appleseed) and it was fantastic the animation is flawless and some of the camera angles and techniques are brilliant.

The film is standard 3d animation but the characters are cell shaded to give them a 2d cartoon feel, this worked really well. i am currently looking forward to 'Final Fantasy : Advent Children' as from the videos i have seen it's so well done (not a fan of fainal fantasy). The models and the smoothness of the animation is great. Mostly down to the motion capture.

What is everyones favorite anime film and please give a reason why.

Mine is 'Ghost In The Shell 2' for the way the storyline leads you around a stunning 3d world. It really draws you in and keeps you wanting more. That and the intro sequence is beauitful.
Mon 06/12/04 at 10:46
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Whilst I adore the Ghibli stuff, I have a particular fondness for The Wings of Honneamise. Really stunning stuff it is, and an anime film you don't really hear that much about any more which is a shame. It can feel a bit preachy at times but it's a top film.

I can't be asked to write a long synopsise for it so look here if you care [URL]http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=3544[/URL]

The Patlabor films are good too, a great mix of intelligent stories, great animation and good characters.
Mon 06/12/04 at 00:53
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
gaybys wrote:
> My favourite anime is Sailor Moon.
> I luv girls in anime they're so hot.

Three guesses whay my favourite Anime film is, apart from DPF.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:18
Regular
"For One Night Only"
chippxero wrote:
> Thats all very well but this wasn't a thread for people to say their
> view on if anime is good or not. It was ment to be for people that
> like and watch anime. To talk about their favorite anime.
>
> Mononoke is one of my favorites love the bit where he's on his elk
> and firing arrows at the raiders.
>
> Nausicaa was a good film but i haven't seen a really good copy of it.
> Watched a naff encoded one on a mates computer.
>
> laputa i only saw last year after one of my uni mates was talking to
> me about a film he had seen a while ago so i went looking for it and
> found it. i thought that it was a pretty good film fantastic scenes
> in places.
>
> I just finished watching 'X' this was a good film but after just
> watching appleseed a day ago i found myself not paying attention to
> the film much. will probably watch it again in a week to get a good
> biew of it.
>
> To be honest i will probably watch appleseed 2004 again very soon.
> just cause i have a 3d animation project to do and it's really really
> good.

Touching...

But anime really does suck.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
My favourite anime is Sailor Moon.
I luv girls in anime they're so hot.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Captain to you."
Thats all very well but this wasn't a thread for people to say their view on if anime is good or not. It was ment to be for people that like and watch anime. To talk about their favorite anime.

Mononoke is one of my favorites love the bit where he's on his elk and firing arrows at the raiders.

Nausicaa was a good film but i haven't seen a really good copy of it. Watched a naff encoded one on a mates computer.

laputa i only saw last year after one of my uni mates was talking to me about a film he had seen a while ago so i went looking for it and found it. i thought that it was a pretty good film fantastic scenes in places.

I just finished watching 'X' this was a good film but after just watching appleseed a day ago i found myself not paying attention to the film much. will probably watch it again in a week to get a good biew of it.

To be honest i will probably watch appleseed 2004 again very soon. just cause i have a 3d animation project to do and it's really really good.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:12
Regular
I luv da 1 wiv da school girl with large eyes dat keeps flashin her knickerz and fightin da monsters wiv da tentacles.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:10
Regular
"For One Night Only"
chippxero wrote:
> thanks The Hibernator for your pointless spamming of the thread

Hardly spamming...

Had I wrote: "I like beans" or summat, that might constitute as spamming...
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The Hibernator wrote:
> Anime sucks.

I agree.
Sun 05/12/04 at 22:03
Regular
"thunderful"
'Perfect Blue' is pretty good.
Sun 05/12/04 at 18:40
Regular
I love Studio Ghibli films, but I've only seen 4. My favourite so far are My Neighbour Totoro and Mononoke Hime. Still yet to watch Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.