GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A little bit of Halo 2 help, please?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I was just wondering if someone could help me on Quarantine Zone...

Right, I'll try and explain this. During the level there is an area where there is a scorpian t6ank firing at the enforcers. It is the second scorpian that you come across, NOT the one near the very beginning of the level. Where, I'm talking about there is lots of lava, and some sentinals come out from the walls as well.

Right, I hope that sets the scene. At the other side of this area is a small gap where you have to go through, just past a wraith on the right. I got to this point in the scorpian tank, the one that is available near the start of the level.

The thing I want to know is, how do you get the other Elites to get off the side of the tank? I want to go in through the gap to the next area, but it seems a bit stupid as they won't follow me. When I completed the game the first time I think I remember them following me, but the second time I can't.

Sorry if it's all a bit complicated, and it isn't hugely important, as it's perfectly possible without them, I'm just wondering if there is a way of getting them off the tank.
Tue 21/12/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
I tried to get em to follow me to no success, in the end i just killed them to get their guns and ammo :P
Tue 21/12/04 at 10:10
Regular
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> This doesn't work, you can't sit in the side seats, so you can't
> chuck people off them.

TK them then :D
Tue 21/12/04 at 09:59
Regular
"BOSE"
Yeah you can sit or stand on it
Mon 20/12/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Selected"
You can't sit on the side of the Scorpian? I never tried on Halo 2.

You can do it on Halo 1....
Mon 20/12/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
mikelar wrote:
> I can't remember having other Elites follow me at this point but that
> might have been because they were all dead!
>
> Anyway, to get them off the tank (or any vehicle), go up to where
> they're sitting until it says "Press X to sit on Scorpian"
> or some such garble, then press X. The Elite sitting there will jump
> off and should, if he's supposed to, follow you through to the next
> bit.

This doesn't work, you can't sit in the side seats, so you can't chuck people off them.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:48
Regular
"8==="
I found a bit in Halo 2 where there are 2 exits but one was a short leap away and ended up being covered by an invisible wall despite it being very reachable.

Only flaw I found.
Sun 19/12/04 at 23:30
Regular
"Selected"
I can't remember having other Elites follow me at this point but that might have been because they were all dead!

Anyway, to get them off the tank (or any vehicle), go up to where they're sitting until it says "Press X to sit on Scorpian" or some such garble, then press X. The Elite sitting there will jump off and should, if he's supposed to, follow you through to the next bit.
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
They wont follow you through. Its silly as it ruins the scene a bit, you and your elite buddys are fighting through the level then you reach this section and they just sit there. My advice...... just kill them for the ammo and weapons they have.
Sun 19/12/04 at 19:13
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I was just wondering if someone could help me on Quarantine Zone...

Right, I'll try and explain this. During the level there is an area where there is a scorpian t6ank firing at the enforcers. It is the second scorpian that you come across, NOT the one near the very beginning of the level. Where, I'm talking about there is lots of lava, and some sentinals come out from the walls as well.

Right, I hope that sets the scene. At the other side of this area is a small gap where you have to go through, just past a wraith on the right. I got to this point in the scorpian tank, the one that is available near the start of the level.

The thing I want to know is, how do you get the other Elites to get off the side of the tank? I want to go in through the gap to the next area, but it seems a bit stupid as they won't follow me. When I completed the game the first time I think I remember them following me, but the second time I can't.

Sorry if it's all a bit complicated, and it isn't hugely important, as it's perfectly possible without them, I'm just wondering if there is a way of getting them off the tank.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.